Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by Jarlaxley

Original Post

★★★ Novice
Found this solution and it works for me even though I have no internet and did not set Origin to offline mode.

"When you start the game, Origin login will come up and say "Online login is currently unavailable". At that point put in your email/username and password ANYWAY, and the game will launch even though you have no internet connection."
Message 51 of 281 (3,037 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried the suggested solution. It worked. It's ridiculously that this is even a thing. Purchasing a game and not being able to use them without either audacious steps or checking in with EA/Origin for permission is beyond ignorant.  Parent company needs to realize that just because you need internet access to download the game, doesn't mean it will ALWAYS be there to play the game. 

I would challenge any moderator or developer / programmer to reply to the thread to defend this situation but they won't unless it's to ban/remove posts that speak out against them. 

Message 52 of 281 (2,905 Views)

★★★ Newbie

These purchases definitely feel more like licenses as if you were to get a refund for a particular game, they can block your access immediately before the call ends. 

Message 53 of 281 (2,905 Views)

[ Edited ]

@RonnDonka

@RonnDonka wrote:

Tried the suggested solution. It worked. It's ridiculously that this is even a thing. Purchasing a game and not being able to use them without either audacious steps or checking in with EA/Origin for permission is beyond ignorant.  Parent company needs to realize that just because you need internet access to download the game, doesn't mean it will ALWAYS be there to play the game. 

I would challenge any moderator or developer / programmer to reply to the thread to defend this situation but they won't unless it's to ban/remove posts that speak out against them. 

I am not entirely sure to what situation you are referring.

You can play almost every Origin single player title offline. You need to login once, when you start the game for the fist time, but after that you don't need to be online anymore.

All you have to do is to set Origin to offline mode.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 54 of 281 (2,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@RonnDonka wrote:

Hi there,

You need to login online at least once to activate your games. Once the games have been activated you can login offline and play them.

The message Online login is currently unavailable is there because you don't have an active internet connection and the system recognizes that. Just login with your account details and you can play the games which have offline availability. Remember that the message isn't telling you that you can't login - it is telling you that you cannot login online.

This method will not work if you don't have an online session stored on your system.

Message 55 of 281 (2,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Nils,

I am a 'HUGE' supporter of 'The Sims' from the original game until now. Over the years I'm sure I've spent Hundreds of ££££ on (The Sims, The Sims 2, The Sims 3, The Sims 4); and ALL of the stuff packs and expansion packs too!    

"But I always thought of them as 'Mine' "Bought and paid for".  

I NEVER believed that E/A-ORIGIN; would stop me from playing games I already owned, by adding...

"PURCHASING-COOKIES"

"Now to me that's just plain GREEDY!" 

It has to be obvious that I don't have a problem buying a product I have fun with, no one does with something they enjoy, but does E/A-ORIGIN have to make us all feel like fools for supporting their products?  Have we Really Rented them under the guise of Buying? like one customer says!"

While in-game with the sims 3 through Origin "Manager" my EA account said it didn't recognize my p/w so I decided I'd better not log off and that I should put all my Sims 3  games on my off-line computer just in case I wasn't able to access my games through EA for a while until the p/w situation was resolved.                           

(For me  It is a pleasure to have at least 1 PC off-line at home).

After a relatively problem free installation of around fourteen or so packs and a normal launch, the game crashes and a message appears explaining that...

the application 'REQUIRES' PURCHASING-COOKIES"  to run!

I Am on-line with Origin on The Sims 3 and 4 BUT whose to say I'm always going to have access to the net?.... Hhmm? 

(Q)             My question to you  As the 'Community Manager' at EA Games is:

"How do I disable the need for 'Purchasing Cookies' on my

'off-line!' Sims 3 Game Application?" 

Disgruntled Consumer 

Ariella Snow

Message 56 of 281 (2,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice

To Nils,

How do I disable 'Purchasing Cookies' in my off-line Sims 3 Game?

Ariella Snow

Message 57 of 281 (2,820 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@GothicSimmer wrote:

Edit: It seems that with Origin v10, the steps on playing sign in games have changed. Here's the new instructions, I have to thank rosemow from The Sims Forums for helping

It looks like I've found a solution to fix the Origin problem.

1. Start Origin, sign in, and be connected to the Internet.
  2. Put Origin in Offline Mode (click Origin and click on Go Offline or use Ctrl + Shift + W), you can tell that you are in offline mode if you see OFFLINE MODE on the top right in the window.
  3. Disconnect your computer from the Internet, and then close Origin (Right click the Origin icon on the task bar and click Quit Origin or by clicking Origin on the menu bar and then Exit).
  4. Launch Origin or a game requiring Origin sign in (e.g., The Sims 4 or Dragon Age: Inquisition) and enter your password.
  5. If done correctly, you can start playing your Origin games such as The Sims 4 without an Internet connection.

This is kept when offline, even if you shut down/restart. Hope that helped you.

How do I disable 'Purchasing Cookies' on my off-line Sims 3 application?

Message 58 of 281 (2,817 Views)

@AriellaSnow1

Neither the Sims experts I asked nor I myself ever heard of a thing called "Purchasing Cookies".

I would suggest to search this machine for Viruses and Malware.

Also, multiple posts in short order will not get you an answer sooner, please do not double posts.  

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 59 of 281 (2,791 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
That's a lot of freeken work just to go off line. I'm sorry ea you are loseing to steam and they don't try to buy you're loyalty with scrappy free games.I've added it up I currently have about 300 dollars of games and dlc I can not play due to the fact that you try to FORCE people to play online. What? Do you have a quota of people you need to see online to get your bonuses?

I recently had to change my job and due to costs have been forced to give up the internet lol I was in the middle of playing da:I when it whent down. Still upset about that Spence its impossible to get back on. And YES I was useing the remember me option and never played the game multiplayer and when I bought the game it was a hard copy only think I bought online for that game is the dlc. So I have to wonder what everyone overthere is thinking when you all expect to get congratulatory emails and instead get hate mail and complaints that your doing a bad job or any number of negative responses that could have been avoided. As mentioned by someone else . I think I'm going to decline from now on to completely ignore origin and EA unroll you all fix your stuff. Sadly EA used to be my favorite in gameing needs. Its to bad I'll be sticking withe steam they NEVER have problems with offline play.

Hopfully you people are paying attention to all of us concerned consumers.
Message 60 of 281 (2,720 Views)