Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by wartoad

Original Post

★★ Novice

Ok this sounds all great, only if you've remember to log in and put it into offline mode before going else where that as no internet. But thanks for the post....

Message 21 of 281 (8,555 Views)

★★★ Novice

OK, I work on ships where I can't connect to the internet AT ALL. Due to the network security of the systems onboard I am not allowed to connect my PC, I have to use the ships PC's for e-mail and web. I am sometimes out at sea for 2 months at a time, and that completely ruins my game play which I use to have something to do in my offtime when it locks me out from logging into Origin because my PC is not connected to the internet. 

Do you have any workarounds that I can use to keep from getting locked out of Origin till an internet connection is available?

Message 22 of 281 (8,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

"Games that don't require Origin sign in such as The Sims 3 will start without issues without an Internet connection but others like The Sims 4 won't."

Yet the Sims 3 is the one in which I am personally having the issue. Your fix doesn't work for me either.

~~~

If I had known that I would need the internet connection 100% of the time, I would have pirated a complete copy of this. I live in rural Australia where we get the short end of the stick in terms of internet service, and often the connection just drops out for no apparent reason. I was playing an mmo just earlier, but kept having the net drop, so I decide to play a non-internet reliant game when lo and behold, I'm told I need the internet to play the sims 3 as well. What on Earth were the devs for origin thinking? This is ludicrous.

~~~

And to make matters worse it takes 5 years to load one single forum page. No wonder steam is more popular.

Message 23 of 281 (8,421 Views)

★ Apprentice

This doesn't work. you cant logout while sims 3 is running. You need internet connection to run sims 3. I wish I hadn't updated. Is there any way of going back/down grade the update to how it was.

I cant access any of my games without internet and my internet connection I awful and I often cant connect. Especially since upgrading to windows 10, 10 is incompatible with my internet adapter and rarely works.

Has anyone got a reply from EA/Origin about this?

Message 24 of 281 (8,405 Views)

★ Apprentice

This doesn't work! I still cant access games without logging in, please fix this problem and make it so you don't need to login to play any of the games. The login is completely unnecessary and in the past I have never logged in to play any games and only ever login to origin to buy something.

Message 25 of 281 (8,404 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly yes. You REALLY need to log-in before going OFFLINE, a decision EA made that really sucks. They'll be quiet and just ignore your whining due to their 'policy'. Good thing Steam works just fine for us offline gamers and has better deals too! Otherwise, arrrr Wink

Can't we just all agree to stop buying from Origin as long as it locks us out whenever (or wherever) we can't access a decent ISP?

I still play DA: Inquisition but never used the online multiplayer thing that looked to be for kiddos.

Message 26 of 281 (8,384 Views)

★ Apprentice
Just ran into the issue myself with Dragon Age: Inquisition. I use Singleplayer games, among other things, for when my internet goes down. So it is not possible to go into offline mode in advance.

Please just add a Steam-style offline mode, that remains authenticated in sich cases. The current solution is quite frustrating - and I live in the middle of a city.

The offline mode as it is now is a nice makeshift solution for short, planned downtimes, but this way it helps only in a minority of the use cases for an offline mode.

Also please keep in mind, that the current solution - like all aggressive forms of DRM - ultimately harms legitimate customers only, leaving pirates with a superior product.

The best way to combat piracy is to give legitimate customers an unencumbered experience. Light DRM is fine (e.g. to protect users from accide tially sharing the game, e.g. by making too much of their drive accessible to a dorm network), but an DRM that the legitimate user will notice means lost sales. And not being able to play the game definitly is noticable.
Message 27 of 281 (8,309 Views)

★★★ Novice

When I go to offline mode none of games appear in my games list. Once I go online then they show up. All have been played many times online. So yeah I cant play offline.

Message 28 of 281 (8,272 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'll add my voice to the crowd. 

Although I just started playing (and loving) The Witcher 3, I am willing to buy the base game from Steam and get the expansions there, just because I WILL NEVER BUY A GAME FROM ORIGIN AGAIN!!!

I don't care if you put it in the license agreement (you guys know we are desperate to play our new game, no one reads that s**t), I know I can't have my money back; thus, it's useless to complain.

What I CAN DO is to share my experience with all my friends, and never, EVER spend another dime with you!!!!!!

Message 29 of 281 (8,230 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Ya, complete and utter joke

Goodbye forever Ea and Origin-

We pay you top dollar for a game and then you ignore us and keep our money even though we can't play it.

GOODBYE

Message 30 of 281 (8,180 Views)