Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by 1shotruger

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

if you really don't have internet access the only hope i can give you is to connect your phone to your computer and use the data connection just to log in then remove your phone. thats what i did when i didn't have internet connection. Keep the computer on afterwards to prevent it from signing out. Hopefully it works for you. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 11 of 281 (14,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie
It's stupid that I need to sign in so I can play the game I bought you should know that sometime I bring my laptop to place with no internet connection and I can't start my game cause their is no internet connection if it's like this I prefer buy a game in stream instead of "* stupid internet connection sign in every time like origin" if you don't fix it so I can sign in offline mode without have to have internet connection first then I won't buy your game anymore and I will find illegal channel to download and play your exclusive game
Message 12 of 281 (14,119 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

ok so i but a DIGITAL copy of said game, i download it works well. say i forget to pay my internet bill. the game i bought only works with the internet. so i sit around with my thumb up my * for a month wanting to play but cant, even tho its installed on my computer and i bought it, ITS MINE not yours I BOUGHT IT

this is america,  thats like buying a brand new car, and the manufacture turns off your car because you did not use SAID gasoline in said vehicle.  its none of your buisness if i play online or offline, YOU STOLE MY MONEY. i bought a product THAT I CANT USE, can i return it? NO its digital. well then THATS THEFT, selling someone something thats a blatent lie. FRAUD.. PIRACY HARMS??? whats wrong with getting a working copy OF WHAT WE PAID FOR how about that

Message 13 of 281 (13,917 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Agree 100%. I found out about this after I purchased a game pack. Will never buy another product again through Orign. If I paid for the game, the game is mine to keep forever, to play when ever and where ever I feel like it with or without internet connection.

It is beyond me why EA would do something so stupid.
Message 14 of 281 (13,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

100% agree. I bought C&C Ultimate so i could play the best game ever - Generals Zero Hour on Win7 after playing it for many years on older PC's

Little did i know Orgin would kidnap my purchase and leave me gameless when the internet goes down. Orgin settings - turn everything off and it still wont let you play. Turn off auto updates - and it still wants to update and wont let me play until i have updated it.

I bought a game with cash and been forced to play it when Orgin says i can?

No more Orgin ever from me no matter how good they make them

Regards

1 pished off owner of a download i can't play whenever i want.

Message 15 of 281 (13,470 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is complete *.   * you EA!!!!!

Message 16 of 281 (13,386 Views)

★★ Novice

this is the dumbest thing ive ever seen....i have almost every game ea has ever developed for the pc and or bought out. as of this moment i will cease all purchases and support of ea product.

Message 17 of 281 (13,362 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Today my internet went out for about 12 hours. Thought I could pass the time waiting for it to come back by playing Dragon Age Inquisition. Imagine my disappointment when I tried to run the game but was stopped because Origin wouldn't let me access my games without an internet connection. I live in the middle of the woods in rural NC, my internet sucks, it goes out all the time. Time I get to myself is rare and it especially sucks if that short window of my time happens to be when my internet goes down. I didn't even buy a download version, I bought the disks. Physically paid cash for a physical copy and downloaded it on to my computer. As a customer that is incredibly frustrating that the game simply will not run unless I can use Origin's online features.  If this game had been on Steam it wouldn't have mattered if I'd had internet or not, I'd have been able to play MY game whenever I wanted. There is literally no reason for a game I bought not to work when I want it to.

I am NEVER buying another game that requires the Origin Client. There's no point if I can't play it anyway. Unless this is fixed you've lost a customer.

Message 18 of 281 (13,310 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can i play games after uninstall origin؟

Message 19 of 281 (13,264 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Really didn't help...nonthing is working. I've been playing sims since the first one...never required internet. I could cry.
Message 20 of 281 (13,242 Views)