Re: Can't play Origin sign-in games without Internet connection

by holger1405

Original Post

★ Guide
@RubyVC what is that link? It doesn't go anywhere, RubyVC.
Message 271 of 281 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Oh sorry, I put the download link, my mistake. It's this page https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

I found it on this other discussion https://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/DA-O-Invalid-license-Reason-code-Missing-DLL-NxCharacte...

Message 272 of 281 (1,456 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What's worse is that program (EDIT: PhysX) isn't usually installed by advanced users and is in fact, full of Nvidia telemetery.

Message 273 of 281 (1,439 Views)

@RubyVC 

You normally don't have to change the launcher manually, that is not the intended behaviour, sometimes shit happens.   Wink

@Caduceous  @RubyVC 

Despite being completely OT in this thread, I consider me a pretty advanced user, and I install PhysX all the time. 😁 😉

To the problem:
Some games, like DA:O, need the PhysX library to be installed to work, so you either install PhysX or you don't play the game.

As a matter of fact this PhysX library's are normally installed with the game, only if this installation process failed you need to install them separately.

So if the installation of the PhysX library failed you should have a look at your system. Overprotective virus scanners or missing permissions could be a reason. 

Btw, the stand alone Physics installation packed from NVIDIA (https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/physx/physx-9-19-0218-driver/) is not containing Telemetry. The NVIDIA Telemetry is in the the Driver installation package that you don't need if you have a AMD Graphics card.

There are ways to disable the NVIDIA Telemetry without getting ride of PhysX, just google them.

If you have further questions about PhysX, please create a new thread.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 274 of 281 (1,408 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

origin is the worst

Message 275 of 281 (1,180 Views)

★ Novice

Hello!

I own Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition through epic games. I see that the thread is listed as "Solved", but no one seems to have resolved the problem. Is there something i'm missing, and can I play offline? I am out of the country, traveling a lot, and wish to play on my laptop. Is there anything I missed? Or will I have to rebuy it? 

Message 276 of 281 (948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah, buy and play a game for seafarers isn't possible. Download crack version is only option.

Message 277 of 281 (889 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do I play Titan Fall 2 on Valve Steam Deck without internet?

Already tried initial launch with internet and then future launch without but that did not work.

Message 278 of 281 (654 Views)

★ Guide

No, you're not missing anything @TRexGuy0909. Businesses everywhere do that when they don't feel like dealing with an issue anymore. They don't solve anything and won't create an "unsolved" category ... to make it look like they've done something when they haven't. More of a PR thing and they can misuse the statistics of "solved" problems. There are nuggets throughout this long thread, but good luck finding the one that will let you play different games under these circumstances. I suggest calling tech support of the game manufacturer. I've had some luck doing that versus finding answers to complex issues in Forums.

Wishing you well.

Message 279 of 281 (638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They do it because they want that data.  They want to know every time you log in.  They won't change it, because that data is just as,  if not more, important than the money they take from you.

Message 280 of 281 (409 Views)