Re: I cannot download Origin

by EA_Barry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't login to Origin

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I have tried for several hours to get the Origin client to work online (it was working yesterday before I downloaded a game called "Terasology"), I now know it is not the servers as my friends play fine through the client.  I have tried syncing my PC time with internet, cleaned all cache after uninstalling it, rebooted PC and router, deleted all origin files from PC, resetting internet explorer and even resetting the hosts file.  None of this has worked, I keep getting the error "Online login is currently unavailable." I have not contacted support yet but I am asking here in case people have a solution first.  Spent time looking through similar issues and found no fixes, I'd really appreciate any suggestions I have not tried.

Update [17/08/2019]: Tried Origin.exe and logging in through the legacyPM "Login.exe" file, it says that the client could not connect to servers.  I have also tried connecting to Ethernet, closing all services that could be causing problems, shutting the firewall off completely (I only done this for a few minutes as I know the risks it can have).  I have not tried to get an earlier version and can't even find any logs for Origin!  This is clearly a software issue in the new update, please fix it as I can not play.

After contacting support by chat they provided the following link which works perfectly: https://origin-a.akamaihd.net/Origin-Client-Download/origin/live/OriginSetup_10_5_41_27263.exe 

Message 1 of 4 (445 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't login to Origin

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted  @Appletreezerz and thanks for updating the post to share the steps that fixed the issue for you.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (392 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't login to Origin

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted  @Appletreezerz and thanks for updating the post to share the steps that fixed the issue for you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (393 Views)

I cannot download Origin

★★★★★ Newbie

I cannot download Origin form the website.

When I am trying to download Origin, it always shows this:

This site can’t be reached

origin-a.akamaihd.net refused to connect.

Everything else works fine except this one.

I also cannot update my Origin. I think they probably due to the same problem.

Now I am using the Ethernet form Mcmaster

but if I use Wi-Fi, everything works fine. 

the thing is my pc does not have Wifi, only my laptop has.

This really makes me feel confused.

Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

Re: I cannot download Origin

Community Manager

@TB-DespotDIA 

Can you please try to download via the link above and let us know how you get on?

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 4 (358 Views)