Re: Can't launch SIMS4 through STEAM

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't launch SIMS4 through STEAM

★★★ Newbie

i tried to launch SIMS4 through STEAM. but everytime Origin's started the SIMS4 button is grayed out.

i contacted live chat support and he instructed me to verify my game integrity, download the latest Origin and launched

the game again but still failed.  SIMS4 button still grayed out.

i'm posting my experience with support here and see if anyone had similar exp as mine and got it resolved somehow.

appreciated if you can share your exp or solution.

thank you in advance.

Susan

Message 1 of 8 (1,672 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Novice

Ultimately what i had to do was contact support, explain what was going on and ask if they could reissue a new cdkey. Im not sure what he did after that but he went into my account did "something", asked me to restart origin and the game and it worked

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (1,548 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Susan0350014

When you have a chance can you try clearing out the Origin cache to see if that helps at all? If there's a problem with Origin's cached data that may help fix the issue. For more details on how to clear it check out the EA Help website

Let me know if you're still having trouble launching The Sims 4 after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,648 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

i tried clearing out cache and re-installed the game but still grayed out and can't play.

plz help reset the ID so the game can be launched.

thanks

Susan

Message 3 of 8 (1,633 Views)

Community Manager

@Susan0350014 

Thank you for giving that a try!

Are you using a Windows PC, or do you use a Mac? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (1,599 Views)

★★★ Novice

im having the exact same issue. i have also tried what you suggested and it didnt work. i am on windows

Message 5 of 8 (1,577 Views)

Community Manager

@p57el67wvsin 

Thanks for the info!

What happens if you start up your PC in a Clean Boot before you launch Origin? For more information on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes when you've got the chance. 

Thanks again, 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (1,553 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ultimately what i had to do was contact support, explain what was going on and ask if they could reissue a new cdkey. Im not sure what he did after that but he went into my account did "something", asked me to restart origin and the game and it worked

Message 7 of 8 (1,549 Views)

Community Manager

@p57el67wvsin 

I see, thanks for letting me know! I'm glad to hear they were able to help you get this fixed. Thumbs up

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (1,526 Views)