I cant install Origin VCRUNTIME140.dll error

by KLightA

Original Post

Can't install Origin on Windows 10

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to install Origin on my Surface Pro which has Windows 10 installed. I am using the website's link for the download

These are the error messages I'm receiving

Message 2 of 14 (13,470 Views)
Highlighted

I cant install Origin VCRUNTIME140.dll error

★★★ Newbie

Soo one day i was going to open origin just like normal and it came up with this message VCRUNTIME140.dll so i said oh okay ill just uninstall it and install it again but when i clicked the uninstall program it didnt it came up with the same message VCRUNTIME140.dll missing after that i restarted my computer and tried and it still didnt worked so i went to my windows settings and said ill delete it from there and when i clicked uninstall suprise it didnt worked soo i was really pissed soo being the intelligent person i am i just did what i used to do when i was 7 and delete the hole origin file remotely and now when i try to reinstall it program comes with the same problem so i searched it and i downloaded VCRUNTIME140.dll and put it to my windows folder and i realised i have this dll already soo i didnt get why its refusing to install origin i havent seen any other launcher have this problem.

I would appericiate if you guys would help me and make fun of me because i delete it mannually 

Message 1 of 14 (13,426 Views)

vruntime

★★★ Newbie

I re-downloaded origin more than 5 times so that i could play sims4 and then it was bringing up an error saying something with vrcuntime, may i please have help?

Message 3 of 14 (13,430 Views)

Re: vruntime

[ Edited ]

@nicholhonaker  Those two files are part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

Edit:  I merged some posts.  @KLightA  Please see the above.

@xxJohnson3xx  Do the errors list MSVCP140.dll and/or VCRUNTIME140.dll?  If so, please see the above.  Otherwise, please take a screenshot of the error and attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 14 (13,406 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know this is an old post, but thank you so so much. I had to reset my computer to factory settings and I kept getting an error message from Origin. I did the steps below to uninstall Microsoft VIsual C++… I was about to go crazy if I couldn't play The Sims...lol

Message 5 of 14 (12,855 Views)

Re: Can't install Origin on Windows 10

★★★ Newbie
@nicholhonaker i downloaded and placed missing files in their place but stil dont work
Message 6 of 14 (12,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@l00duck Are you using Windows 10 S or regular Windows 10?

If you are using Windows 10 in S mode, you will need to switch out of S mode to use Origin (this is permanent, you can't switch back to S mode later).

If you're not running Windows 10 in S mode, did you download and run the installers linked in post #4 above or did you download the individual DLLs and manually place them?

If you're not running Windows 10 in S mode, if you haven't already, uninstall both the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x64) and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable (x86) from your computer. If both are installed, uninstall both. If only one is installed, uninstall it. Then go to https://support.microsoft.com/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads. Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe linked under the heading "Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" and install them.

Message 7 of 14 (12,337 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks A lot. I was about to go ape *...
Message 8 of 14 (10,625 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@xxJohnson3xx The only thing that worked for me was to completely disabled all anti-virus. Windows sucks!
Message 9 of 14 (8,578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

/I did everything you said but it still wont let me play the game. any ideas why?

Message 10 of 14 (8,408 Views)