Re: Can't install Origin error 0xc000007b

by Fikyyyy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install Origin error 0xc000007b

★★★★★ Novice

Help, please. I purchased The Sims 4 several days ago, and while I was able to log into my account and redeem the PC digital code, I can't install Origin. It's been oh so many hours of research and trying anything I could find.

The first errors I ran into were missing files - one was msvcr140.dll and I can't remember what the other was... I researched those first and applied the fixes I could find. Which is when this error showed up. The ever-popular "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application."

I have since tried all the things I could find to fix this, among them the following things:

Insane amount of reboots - to include a "clean" reboot

Run as an admin

Run compatibility troubleshooter

.NET all the things

Microsoft Visual C + + all the things (to include deleting and reinstalling all of them...)

Update Windows

DirectX all the things

Run disk check

Run sfc/scannow

... and I'm pretty sure many, many more things.

My PC is running Windows 10 Home OS 64-bit (version 1909, build 18363.657) with an AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Processor. The only fix I've read and haven't tried is reinstalling the OS altogether. I'm hesitant to do that because I'm not sure it would work. I did the free upgrade in June of last year, hanging on to my old version of Windows as long as possible. I don't have cds or "hard copies" of any sort for Windows 10.

I'm at a loss as to what to do now. I've researched and tried to fix this for two days. It's very close to me just giving up and not playing anything that requires Origin. Anyone have any ideas?

Message 1 of 125 (86,079 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 125 (85,930 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jchrist_loves_me let's grab a DxDiag so that we can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

The more info we have the better we can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 125 (86,005 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_DarkoDxDiag attached. Thank you in advance!

Message 3 of 125 (86,000 Views)

★★★ Novice

One of the easiest methods to solve 0xc000007b error on Windows 7 or later is to run a CHKDSK command via Command Prompt with Admin’s rights. Here’s what you need to do:

1. In Windows search, type cmd, then right-click the result and choose Run as Administrator. Click Yes or enter the admin’s password, if required.

pic

2 Next, type chkdsk c: /f /r in the command prompt and press Enter

3 Type Y and press Enter again.

cmd

Restart your computer.

Try this guide maybe you will find methods u didn't use https://geeksadvice.com/fix-the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly-0xc000007b-error/

Message 4 of 125 (85,967 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@dppguruThanks for the advice - I actually already ran across that in my research and tried all nine things.

Message 5 of 125 (85,944 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 6 of 125 (85,931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@MalouRiess  Thanks for your help! Unfortunately, that's one of the many things I have already tried. :/

Message 7 of 125 (85,889 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@jchrist_loves_me
And you are sure that these are exactly these file versions you have installed since I have the same challenges as you and was only solved when these versions were installed...?
Message 8 of 125 (85,865 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@MalouRiessJust to check again, I sifted through my System32 folder and deleted some .dll files. Then I downloaded the files you mentioned again and chose to repair them because they already existed on here. After the reboot, they actually - wonder of wonders! - worked!!!!!! The download ACTUALLY WORKED! If my neighbors didn't have kids, I would've been loudly celebrating!! Now I just have 3+ hours to download the game. :D That'll happen overnight.

Thanks for helping in the persistence!

Message 9 of 125 (85,830 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@jchrist_loves_me How you fix problem. I have this problem?
Message 10 of 125 (85,675 Views)