Can't install DLCs (No Download Option)

by ggmetho

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't install DLCs (No Download Option)

★ Novice

Hello,

I've had a problem where bf4 kept on telling me I do not have the necessary dlcs installed. Since I do own them (via Origin Acess) I tried the regedit fix which didn't work. Only after that I noticed that I don't even have the DLCs installed. I went to BF4 -> extenstions in Origin and could not find any download buttons for the DLCs. I decided to give it a go and delete the Origin cache but that didn't fix the problem so I went and uninstalled BF4. Upon reinstalling everything started fine and the DLCs were in queue to download. Sometime later an error occured (can't remember the error message) and the download stopped. After closing the error message the DLC downloads where not in the queue either. Now I have the same problem: I can not find any "download button" for the DLCs under BF4 -> extensions.

Need help urgently. Fixes??

Cheers

Anton

Message 1 of 5 (1,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't install DLCs (No Download Option)

★★★★★ Newbie
Update: I restarted my computer, AND uninstalled/reinstalled the Origin client. Now the downloads are automatically queued and downloading. Hopefully this fixes @ggmetho 's issue as well.

I would still like to see the "Download" and "Details" buttons separated in the future though.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,733 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ggmetho Bit of an odd one, can you try reinstalling the game again to see if it helps and if an error message pops up can you screenshot it?

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,807 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am also having this issue.

There is no error message, the Origin launcher just does not give an option to download the DLC after you tried to download it once already.

After playing through the campaign I decided to try multiplayer, the main appeal of the game and was greeted by the message that I need DLC to enter quick play. So I find that all the DLC is free and decide to start downloading them. Part-way through the first download Origin tells me it needs to update, and so I figure "Hey the DLC will just start downloading again after Origin restarts"

However, after Origin restarts the download queue (which is impossible to find) is empty, the all the orange "download now" buttons on the DLC now say "Details" instead. There is literally no button to start the download anywhere, or see previous queued downloads. And now I cannot play quick play with my friends.

Reinstalling would take a ridiculous amount of time so I hope there is a way to actually download the DLC without wiping Origin and Battlefield 4 off of my computer every time something goes wrong with the launcher.

Message 3 of 5 (1,749 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Update: I restarted my computer, AND uninstalled/reinstalled the Origin client. Now the downloads are automatically queued and downloading. Hopefully this fixes @ggmetho 's issue as well.

I would still like to see the "Download" and "Details" buttons separated in the future though.
Message 4 of 5 (1,734 Views)

Community Manager

@TheCrimsonFvck Glad to hear that you got it sorted and thanks for sharing your solution with us.

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (1,724 Views)