Can't download origin.

by Queenie3x

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download origin.

★★★ Novice

Hi. I'm having trouble Dowloading origin after factory resetting my whole laptop. I keep getting an error message whenever I try to download. Help? 

Message 1 of 75 (15,723 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download origin.

@Queenie3x  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 75 (15,603 Views)

All Replies

@Queenie3x  That file is part of the 2015 VC++ runtimes, which Origin needs to install properly.  It's best to uninstall your current copies, if you have any, and then download new ones from Microsoft.  Hit Windows key-i, select Apps, scroll down to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable, click on both the x86 and x64 entries (if you have them), and select Uninstall.  You can download new copies here. Be sure to install both the x86 and x64 versions.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Restart your computer, and try to install Origin again.

Message 2 of 75 (15,604 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict Thanks a million for helping out with this issue. I have spent 90 minutes trying to install Origin on Windows 10. Finally, thanks to you, I was able to do it. Kudos !
Message 3 of 75 (15,506 Views)

★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict thank you! You're the best
Message 4 of 75 (15,363 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am confused Frown when I go to windows, and go to apps, it shows nothing please help 

Message 5 of 75 (15,308 Views)

@anonsimmer111  There are no apps at all, or just no redistributables?  You may need to wait a bit before the list loads.  (And scroll down.)  But if you don't have the 2015 VC++ redistributables, then you can simply install the ones from the Microsoft download page.

Message 6 of 75 (15,285 Views)

★ Novice

I just wanted to say that I had the exact same issue and couldnt figure it out. When I came across your solution it helped within 5 minutes, Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 75 (14,824 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem.imnstalled origin on another computer and the same thing happen again

Message 8 of 75 (14,505 Views)

@mawteal65  Did you try the recommendation in the accepted solution earlier in the thread?  If that doesn't help, please post a screenshot of the error you're seeing.  Please also let me know which version of Windows you're running.

Message 9 of 75 (14,350 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine says windows C++ 2010 and i have another that says Windows C++ 2013, should i delete these and then install the Windows C++ 2015? or will this mess up my computer. I was told it was upgraded and has windows 10 but im not sure.

Message 10 of 75 (14,168 Views)