Can't download game

by Brynquadel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download game

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have been having problems since I bought EA play. I thought I had overcome the problem of entering games in general.

However, I am having problems such as;

My game library appears empty when I open Origin. When I click games, I cannot view information. As a result I cannot start the games.

I cannot download. I am having a "download in queue" problem. I have changed the memory many times but the problem is not solved.

I have repeatedly uninstalled Origin and reinstalled. I could not solve. I tried every way.

Just i can download steam games others don't be working.

I could not upload any more pictures.I can not download any game at all. Thanks EA.

Message 1 of 6 (710 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't download game

Community Manager

@Brynquadel  The Client service should run when Origin is downloading a game, other times it may not be in use (as long as it is not set to disable).

If you still are running into issues with logging in or downloading something it's possible something is blocking Origin, can you try the following steps?

If you continue having issues please share a UOTrace (Requires PC) and a DxDiag

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (599 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Brynquadel Can you start by Clearing Origin Cache and seeing if the client and game icons will load?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 6 (689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_IlliumI have tried many times before. By the way, I am also having trouble logging into games. The game doesn't launch every time I enter origin, regardless of any launcher.

I did reset the computer just for it

Message 3 of 6 (670 Views)

Community Manager

@Brynquadel Can you check your Services and verify that the Origin services "Origin Client Service" & "Origin Web Helper Service" are running when Origin is open and that their startup type is set to Automatic (versus disabled)? 

If both are running and enabled can you go through the following information?

• Untick the options in LAN Settings (make sure nothing is checked under Proxy Server) 
  • Disable any VPN or other Proxy Software
  • Allow Origin through any Anti-Virus or Firewall
  • Change DNS settings (You can use the public google DNS primary:8.8.8.8, secondary:8.8.4.4, unless there is different DNS you would rather use) 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 6 (649 Views)

★ Novice

Origin Client Service stops automatically when I start it. He says it is so because it is not used by other services. Origin Web Helper Service is working.

There is no use of any vpn.

Actually, every time I run Origin it is okay when I remove all temporary files and start it as administrator. However, I still can't download on Origin.

Message 5 of 6 (632 Views)

Community Manager

@Brynquadel  The Client service should run when Origin is downloading a game, other times it may not be in use (as long as it is not set to disable).

If you still are running into issues with logging in or downloading something it's possible something is blocking Origin, can you try the following steps?

If you continue having issues please share a UOTrace (Requires PC) and a DxDiag

Illium.png

Message 6 of 6 (600 Views)