Re: Can't download Origin

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't download Origin

★ Novice

I just recently got a newgaming pc, iit is 64 bites with windows 10 and upon trying to download origin, it says "Bad Image" with the error 0xc000012f. I have downloaded the Visiual studios and i have manually uninstalled origin and i have no idea how to fix it! please help!

Message 1 of 5 (638 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @karmasmith221b nothing worse than wanting to sit down and play your games only to be hit with an error.

Good news is that this issue can be fixed quite easily.

Please make sure you installed the latest versions of VC++ on your computer. You can get get the most up to date version here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You will need to install both the 32 and 64bit versions.

It is also important that your system is fully updated. Please use the Windws Update function to ensure that you have all the latest updates installed.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (619 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @karmasmith221b nothing worse than wanting to sit down and play your games only to be hit with an error.

Good news is that this issue can be fixed quite easily.

Please make sure you installed the latest versions of VC++ on your computer. You can get get the most up to date version here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

You will need to install both the 32 and 64bit versions.

It is also important that your system is fully updated. Please use the Windws Update function to ensure that you have all the latest updates installed.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

hey @EA_Darko! thank you so much for replying, I have the latest versions of VC++ already downloaded, and i think i have both versions as well, i have the x84 and x64 downloaded along with the 2017 VC++. I also have the newest update for windows on my pc.

Message 3 of 5 (609 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@EA_Darko How do you get the 32 and 64 bit versions?

Message 4 of 5 (557 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @karmasmith221b if you have the  x84 and x64 versions installed then you have both 32 and 64 but versions ready to go.

Did installing them make a difference to you?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (525 Views)