Can’t connect to servers on Mac

by bryce987654

Original Post

Can’t connect to servers on Mac

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? No idea
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Just the regular game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I try to log in on origin and it says “could not connect to server” every time I try to log in
What happens when the bug occurs? Kicks me out and doesn’t let me log in
What do you expect to see? Same log in screen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I just bought the game though EA, however due to me having a Mac I had to download “origin” to play and every time I go to log in it says could connect to server, it’s now been four hours and still no luck, I’ve reset the app many times and nothing seems to work. 

Message 1 of 3 (231 Views)

Re: Can’t connect to servers on Mac

Hero
@bryce987654 Moving this post to the Origin forum.

I see lots of people having issues.

Someone here can assist you better with this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: Can’t connect to servers on Mac

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @bryce987654 

Try to turn your router, switch off, wait about 10 seconds, and turn it back on again. Wait for it to power on completely because sometimes a multistep process that can take several minutes and try connecting again.

If your issue persist start your Mac in safe mode. (when you start your Mac in safe mode, it clears the cache and checks all the directories on your start-up disk.

If there is a problem with your start-up disk, safe mode will detect it and try to fix it. This means that booting into safe mode can take longer than normal.)

More steps https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mac/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-mac/

- yahel_1 Fingers crossed

Retired champion.
Message 3 of 3 (199 Views)