Re: Can t cancel my EA PLAY Memership

by ulukaiulukai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can t cancel my EA PLAY Memership

★★ Novice

Can t cancel my EA PLAY membership

Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: //gateway.ea.com/proxy/subscription/pids/1005802590699/subscriptionsv2/1000128590699/cancel 409 (Conflict)]

This the error that i get, i think it doesnt work because i bought the origin acces and now it's ea play , please can somebody help i don t have the money to pay another year please help, i tried several browsers and it doesent work i try to cancel the exstention still doesn not work please help

Message 1 of 15 (5,466 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @DAREN4996

When you've got a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team. They should be able to cancel the membership for you. 

You can find more information on how to set up a case with them on the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (5,454 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @DAREN4996

When you've got a chance I'd recommend getting in touch with the EA Help team. They should be able to cancel the membership for you. 

You can find more information on how to set up a case with them on the EA Help website. If you prefer you can also speak with them over Twitter or Facebook as well. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 15 (5,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I wanted to cancel my automatic renewal as well and it refuses to let me cancel it every time I try due to an error.

Whoops! An error occurred. Please try again later. [ref. #Error: httpRequest ERROR: 409 (Conflict)]

I reached out to EA Help via chat and they fixed it. Still, this will look super bad if many people are unable to do this when they need to. I already pay for this on Steam and I don't think people will be pleased to find out they are locked into being unable to cancel this due to a bug.

Message 3 of 15 (5,367 Views)

Community Manager

@terrbearsf 

Thanks for the details! 

@DAREN4996 

Did you also sign up for EA Play through Steam as well? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 15 (5,322 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here, error 409. Did not sign up via Steam.

Message 5 of 15 (5,203 Views)

★ Novice

Wow this issue is over a month old (and possibly older) and still no one at EA has bothered to fix it. I tried cancelling my subscription today and yesterday but I'm getting this same exact error. EA doesn't care if users want to cancel I guess. Are your managers just not bothered about this because they're greedy for more money and care nothing for consumer rights?

I've been subscribed for 2 years now and bought several EA games in the past 2 decades but I think I don't want to give any more money to this company which has gone down the drain in the past decade. 

Message 6 of 15 (4,867 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Prad94r for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 15 (4,828 Views)

★★ Novice

Having same problem, but logs me out when clicking cancel membership and will not log back in. chat does not work and no call back.

Message 8 of 15 (4,796 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Hurst713 if unable to cancel then you will need to speak with our live support team, do you see the option to email the team or are no support options showing?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 9 of 15 (4,778 Views)

★ Novice

According to the Origin's "EA Play" -> "Manage my membership" option, my plan is scheduled to end on Dec 19th 2020 and is non-recurring. However, "https://myaccount.ea.com/cp-ui/subscription/index" confused me because it says that my next billing date is on Dec 19th. I think myaccount.ea.com doesn't know that my subscription is non-recurring but origin.com correctly shows it. That could be causing the error to show up when I try to cancel a non-recurring subscription.

Message 10 of 15 (4,769 Views)