Re: Can't buy anything on Origin.

by Kripaka

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't buy anything on Origin.

★★★ Novice

Can't buy anything, games, DLCs, etc. Getting this:

Whoops!
That didn't work, let's try again. If the problem persists you may want to use a different payment method or try again later. [ref. #54001]

Has been happening for 2 months, EA gave no help. Tried doing everything, literally, in-app, web, different pc, hotspot.

Located in Ukraine.

Message 1 of 9 (1,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
@testsim

Hi there!

Do you happen to be located in Crimea? If so, purchases and Support is not available for customers in that region due to government laws we must abide by.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/ea-games-unavailable-in-some-countries-or-regions/
Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (1,735 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@testsim

Hi there!

Do you happen to be located in Crimea? If so, purchases and Support is not available for customers in that region due to government laws we must abide by.

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/ea-games-unavailable-in-some-countries-or-regions/
Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 9 (1,736 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue. I live in Ukraine (NOT Crimea).

Message 3 of 9 (1,665 Views)

Community Manager

@Preternatural 

Thank you for reach out. I checked into this and it appears the teams here are aware of this error messaging impacting players at checkout and it's being investigated. 

You may want to try a different payment method, try removing all items from your cart and re-add, and/or try purchasing it from either the client or website browser. We apologize for the error and we're working to get it addressed as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 9 (1,657 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry unfortunately the issue is still present. The game I was about to buy (Star Wars Squadrons) is no longer on sale. My friend who also lives in my city reports the same problem.
Message 5 of 9 (1,610 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry The problem is still there. I had this issue for many months.

I tried:

1. different browsers
  2. Windows and Mac desktop clients
  3. different PCs
  4. different networks/providers
  5. different Origin accounts
  6. clearing Origin cache

but nothing helps.

I live in Ukraine. In Origin desktop client there is the notification at the top saying "Due to Bank of Russia order, International merchant payments are now restricted."

Bank of Russia.JPG

I guess that is the reason why we can't buy anything on Origin - because Ukraine is forced into "Russian region" and all the Origin prices are in Russian rubles.

The last few Sims 4 DLCs I've bought while using VPN - I connect to Germany thru VPN and so all Origin prices are switched to Euros.

Even though the prices are higher (if you convert EUR prices to Russian RUB or Ukrainian UAH) while on VPN - but at least I can proceed with the payment.

The problem/error occurs immediately after clicking "Buy" - you can't even change the payment method since it fails before you are even asked what payment method you want to choose.

I've contacted EA Help online chat and told the support person everything I've described above but he was not listening at all - he suggested using a different browser, different network, to clear Origin cache etc.

But the problem is clearly due to having a Ukrainian IP address and prices in Russian rubles.

Message 6 of 9 (1,531 Views)

★★★ Novice

I get the same error. Terrible support, I'm really angry. I can't do purchases since January. And they've blocked Crimea purchases since January. I think they just have blocked Ukraine by mistake and ignoring us -_-

Message 7 of 9 (1,459 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The same problem. I live in Ukraine(not Crimea) 

Tried to buy Battlefield 5 but the same error is occuring

Message 8 of 9 (1,317 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Message 9 of 9 (1,315 Views)