Can't buy anything .... help!

by VichiCherry

Original Post

Can't buy anything .... help!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been trying to buy "The Sims Get Famous!" expansion pack and it won't let me!! It keeps telling me an "I can't buy it" and "if this kept happening, I needed to try again later or change the payment method". Today I tried again one more time earlier and got the same error, then I wanted to give it one last go and now the origin launcher has a "There was an error displaying the price for this item. Please check back later." ... what's going on??? I can't buy the game!! first the payment wasn't being accepted and now this? And it isn't my card because I bought a few games on Steam and it worked just fine! ... I'm wanting to buy the game NOW because of the 50% off and I can't! I'm very frustrated as to why this is happening... I've bought games from origin before with the same card I have now and had no problems before so why now... help Frown I want to get this expansion pack before the 50% deal goes away...

PS: Yes, I have tried using the web browser Origin page but same luck as on the launcher... please help! Devil

6/11/2019 Update: Still no reply from anyone on what's going on. been 3 days now I think and no response... I tried pre-purchasing the Island Living expansion pack and still not luck, same message as before "can't buy now try later or change payment method" .... Disappointed

Message 1 of 2 (877 Views)

Re: Can't buy anything .... help!

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @VichiCherry 

First of all, I'm really sorry for the late reply here Embarrassed I know the time it important in your case.

Can I ask if you've tried to contact your bank or card issuer to check if any transactions are Origin are not limited? Would it be possible for you to try using a different payment method as recommended? PayPal for example?

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 2 (811 Views)