Re: Can't active the game Sims4

by DesireeMonisa

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't active the game Sims4

★★★ Newbie

I bought the game Sims4 a year ago and installed it on my PC (I made an accont and insert the Serial code).

A month ago I tried to open the game but a message appeared and asked me to active the game with Serial code. I inserted the code but receive a message that  This code has already been redeemed

What to do to play the game and solve that problem?

Message 1 of 5 (419 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @didiva2608 the activation code is generally different to the one you redeem to your account. You can get the activation code by opening your My Game Library and right-clicking on the game tile. From here you can select properties and in the window that opens you can find the code that you need to copy and paste in when requested. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (359 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Seriously! I bought the game 5 years ago and now it won't show up i my game library even though I have a ton of expansion packs it says I purchased.

Message 2 of 5 (378 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @didiva2608 the activation code is generally different to the one you redeem to your account. You can get the activation code by opening your My Game Library and right-clicking on the game tile. From here you can select properties and in the window that opens you can find the code that you need to copy and paste in when requested. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 5 (360 Views)

Community Manager

That's an odd one @DesireeMonisa,

Can you check your My Game Library and ensure that you have not filtered your games. It could simply be the case that you have accidentally hidden The Sims 4.

It's also worth clearing the Origin Cache when you see any issues like this. 

You can clear the Origin Cache by following the steps below:

1. Completely log out and close down Origin
  2. Hold down the Windows key and R
  3. Type in "%ProgramData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  4. Now open the Origin folder.
  5. Delete all the files and folders in the Origin folder, except for LocalContent (do not delete this one)
  6. Hold down the Windows key and R
  7. Type in "%AppData%" (without quotes) and click OK
  8. This will take you to a Roaming folder, which is located inside of AppData. Delete the Origin folder
  9. Click on the word "AppData" at the top of your window
  10. Open the Local folder here
  11. Delete the Origin folder listed here
  12. Restart your PC and log back into Origin

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 5 (358 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@didiva2608 Did you ever figure this out?? I have had the game for years and just now regained access after a bit of a hiatus and it wanted me to retype the access code, then said it was already redeemed. I cannot see the games in my Origin library, either. It's the only game I have through Origin so it doesn't make sense that its showing nothing.
Message 5 of 5 (309 Views)