Original Post

Re: Can't Install Origin

★★ Novice

Yep, I am still running into the same error message right now

Message 11 of 14 (494 Views)

Community Manager

@AbC6228a5523649 

Hmm, got it. Thank you for giving that a shot as well. 

What sort of security software are you running on your PC? Have you double-checked to make sure there's an exception for Origin? I'm wondering if there's just something that's blocking the installation. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 12 of 14 (449 Views)

★★ Novice

Currently, I don't have any security software installed on my PC since I am avoiding the RAM spike or Heavy booting that usually follows with installing some antivirus.

The only thing that can probably block origin is the default windows firewall, but I have put origin installer in the list of exceptions for it.

To be honest, I am facing this problem not only with origin but it also happens to my zoom installation, installed steam and installed pdf software

in the pdf and steam case, I can just reinstall it and it has been running smoothly without showing an error, but on origin and zoom I can't even run the installation

I am going to take my PC to the shop tomorrow to look into it and try to find if there is any virus or malware on it

Message 13 of 14 (422 Views)

Community Manager

@AbC6228a5523649 

Ah, I see. I appreciate the info. 

Let me know what you find out after you've had a chance to take it to the shop. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 14 of 14 (391 Views)