Can't Download or Add Anthem to my Library

by BertTheBearded

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't Download or Add Anthem to my Library

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have EA Play and wanted to try Anthem out again. I tried the beta and the Anthem Public Test Server is still in my library, but the PTS is "no longer available on Origin". When I try to add the regular game of Anthem it says "view in library" but I don't have the regular game in my library, only the PTS. When I click "View in library" it opens an option to download but whenever I click download nothing happens. I think the issue is, Origin thinks Anthem and the no longer available Anthem PTS are the same game. Since the Anthem PTS is no longer available it will not let me download the game. I tried removing Anthem from library and then added it back in but this did not fix the issue. Is there a way to remove the Anthem PTS from my library in order to try to download the regular game? I've already tried clearing caches and reinstalling Origin. I think I need to have the Anthem PTS removed from my library/account in order to get the regular Anthem game into my library. How would I do this?

Edit: So, I came across something interesting. If I type in Anthem in the search bar in the top left of Origin, I see Anthem PTS and the regular Anthem game. When I click the download arrow, nothing happens. If I click on the regular Anthem game, it opens up the same details tab as if you opened it from the store. When I try to click download from there, nothing happens. Origin seems to know the difference between the 2 games, but for some reason I have to search to find the regular game (it's not hidden, I checked) and it still wont let me download.

Message 1 of 12 (2,198 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Download or Add Anthem to my Library

Community Manager

Hey @BertTheBearded for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (2,161 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @BertTheBearded for issues such as this you will need to speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To  speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to begin a chat or request a call back.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (2,162 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, I ahve the same issue.

Did you open a ticket with EA or was there a solution for this issue?

Message 3 of 12 (2,078 Views)

★★ Novice
@BertTheBearded did someone from EA solve your issue?
Message 4 of 12 (2,075 Views)

★★ Novice

Nope. Have spent about an hour on the phone with multiple EA reps and nobody has been able to help me out. 

Message 5 of 12 (2,062 Views)

★ Novice

has this had a fix yet i am having the same issue 

Message 6 of 12 (2,042 Views)

★★ Novice

That is such a shame... I have EA another chance and they were like "Nah we don't want it anymore".

Message 7 of 12 (1,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same Problem can someone help use please? I only buy EA PLAY for Anthem and now i cant play it because i cant delete the PTS Anthem, and the Launcher dont let me download Anthem because he always link me to the PTS Game in my Library. No one Helping Support dont Help!!!!!!

Message 8 of 12 (1,841 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@NemrasValentinand anyone who has this problem you should contact live support as per EA_Darko instructions earlier in this topic. I had this problem too and as soon as tech support removed PTS version from my account 'download' started working. Looks like Origin has trouble distinguishing between live and PTS versions of a game.

Message 9 of 12 (1,724 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @generic_Kerbal.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 10 of 12 (1,697 Views)