Can someone from EU gift a game to US

by iantixxx

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can someone from EU gift a game to US

★★★ Newbie

Can someone from EU send a game to someone living in US or are they region coded ? 

Message 1 of 8 (1,327 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can someone from EU gift a game to US

Community Manager (retired)

Hey @iantixxx

Unfortunately, the gifting option in Origin is region locked, so you won't be able to send a gift to your friend who lives in a different country Frown

You'll find more information about Origin's gifting feature in this article.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (1,391 Views)

All Replies

Hey @iantixxx

Unfortunately, the gifting option in Origin is region locked, so you won't be able to send a gift to your friend who lives in a different country Frown

You'll find more information about Origin's gifting feature in this article.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 8 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I reside in the EU and cannot gift a BFV preorder to a relative also in the EU region.  If I am temporarily given my cousin's Origin login, and update his payment details to my own cc, will this mean I can buy the game directly into his account?

Message 3 of 8 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I think you mean if physical copies are region coded? I don't really think they are and the problem is probably that there's implemented software installment that redirects to region based servers and such.
That or I'm really tired and talking * when I should be sleeping...
Message 4 of 8 (1,090 Views)

Hey @DJ_Englishman

The restriction refers to countries, not regions - I'm sorry if I didn't communicate it well in my last post Embarrassed So even if you and your relative live in the EU region, you would also have to be in the same country to use the gifting option.

To answer your question - yes. If you will purchase the game while being logged into your cousin's EA account, the game will be added there. However, we really don't recommend sharing accounts like that.

/Ataashi

Message 5 of 8 (1,071 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@EA_Ataashi Thank you for clarifying. It worked!
Message 6 of 8 (935 Views)

I'm glad to know that it worked @DJ_Englishman Standard smile

I hope your cousin will enjoy the gift, but please remember to avoid sharing EA accounts like that in the future for security reasons.

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 8 (921 Views)

★ Apprentice

You cannot gift through normal means but you can through paypal. You just send the amount to their paypal and they purchase it. I don't really understadn why we cannot go region to region as I can at just about any other online store. Hope Origin gets to grips with it soon.

Message 8 of 8 (792 Views)