Re: Can not log in to origin or get help on live chat, someone please help!

by Carrots1981

Original Post

Can not log in to origin or get help on live chat, someone please help!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I was abruptly logged out of origin today and it will not let me back into my account. It keeps saying my username and password is either wrong or expired. So, I tried resetting my password but no emails are going to my email account. I am 100% sure the email is correct and they are not going to my spam folder, I checked. So, I thought I could go to origin's website and get help with this on their live chat. The live chat windows pop up, but nothing loads on them. When I go to the email that I actually did receive from origin saying they have received my help request and click on the support number to view my case, it says I have no cases with them. I've tried to do all of these things multiple times. I know it's not my internet and I have restarted my computer just to see if anything would change and nothing. Finally, I came on this website and was forced to create an entirely new origin account so that I could make a post since mine won't let me log in. So basically, I'm locked out of my origin account and nobody can help me. If anyone is having the same problem and was able to talk to someone please let me know! I have a mac if that makes a difference.

Message 1 of 7 (395 Views)

Community Manager

If you are not getting the emails @carinajoy2698 then the best thing to do is speak with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey

I have the exact same issue with same message.

"Your credentials are incorrect or have expired. Please try again or reset your password"

I recently purchased EA access on my Xbox and I can no longer access this because of this issue.

I too had to create a new account just to post in the forums.

I spoke to 2 advisors on the phone who said I need to complete an online webform to do an account recovery this is the link that was provided help.ea.com/en/account-recovery/web-form You have to supply all details of the account, address, Origin ID, games purchased, invoices and even your IP address. However the form never worked for me until I switched my location to Netherlands, then I was able to see the form. I'm in the UK. 

I've since completed the form and just waiting on a response now. I really hope this gets resolved as I paying for a service I can no longer use.

Good luck. I will post here again If I hear anything.

Message 3 of 7 (356 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Carrots1981 if you do not have access to the account then our account recovery team will do what they can to assist you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (317 Views)

★★ Novice

@EA_Darko  Lets hope so! As after 5 separate cases and 3 phone calls I'm yet to have a resolution.

Message 5 of 7 (311 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Carrots1981 we take account security very seriously and as such if there is any doubt as to the owner of the account it can take some time to investigate fully.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (308 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Ok cool. I'll give it time.

Its just weird that after 2 years my account has just dropped off the face of the planet for no reason. Nonetheless I've provided, invoices, EA access paypal payments, IP address, gaming profiles, address, dates of birth, debit card numbers and phone number for proof.
Message 7 of 7 (298 Views)