Can I prevent Origin from installing Direct X and other libraries?

by Chapon2

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can I prevent Origin from installing Direct X and other libraries?

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, as the title says. Is there a way to preven Origin from installing all the stuff that has been already installed hundreds of time before? I really hate when there are programs anl libraries installed without even asking me.

In Steam I can simply delete those install files prior launching the game but Origin only asks you, if you agree with lets say C++ 2015 License agreement and if you do not, you are screwed. No installation or a agem uptade... Not to mention that installing anything without the user consent is quite a behavior of an malware...

Message 1 of 4 (325 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can I prevent Origin from installing Direct X and other libraries?

Community Manager

If Origin is installing a file then it is installing  @Chapon2 because it needs it in order to work. Origin will only install necessary files and it is not possible to select just what can and cannot be installed. 

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (307 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

If Origin is installing a file then it is installing  @Chapon2 because it needs it in order to work. Origin will only install necessary files and it is not possible to select just what can and cannot be installed. 

I will pass your feedback on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (308 Views)

★★ Novice

i cant ready help me i play in pc

Message 3 of 4 (282 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Remia01 if you are having an issue can you let us a little bit more as to what the issue is.

The more info I have the better I can help.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (280 Views)