Re: C&C Generals and ZH

by EA_Darko

Original Post

C&C Generals and ZH

★★★ Novice

Hey there,

I already own these games, and a few more in the C&C series, so I have legitimate keys for them. However, my new machine has no DVD drive anymore.
Is there a way I can download the digital copy of the game(s) I seek?

Side note: I run Win10, if that's of any importance

Thank you, in advance Standard smile

Message 1 of 7 (461 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DutchyBudgie the first thing to do is try entering your codes in Origin to see if they are accepted. If they are then great, you just need to download your games.

If the codes are not accepted then it is worth speaking with one of our phone or chat support advisers who will be able to advise you further on what if anything can be done. 

You can contact our live support at help.ea.com.  

To request a callback or speak with a chat adviser:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (413 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Thank you for your reply.
May sound stupid, but how do I get origin? It's something I haven't had before, as I had the old installation of the games, hahahah
Message 3 of 7 (407 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @DutchyBudgie you can get Origin here: https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/download

Once downloaded you can install it and create an EA Account or log in to an existing one. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (401 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Will look into that in a few hours, currently nowhere near the pc.
I will check back in with you 😉
Thank you so far
Message 5 of 7 (386 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here I be, again.
I installed Origin, but it isn't accepting the game codes I have. They're all original and all, but no dice.
I tried the Chat before, but never saw a chat nor a pop up window or anything - it claims to be resolved.. so I have 0 faith in that anymore. Calling back isn't much of an option either, timezones.

I have no other ideas left - emai will be replied when I can go live in retirement :S

Message 6 of 7 (380 Views)

Community Manager

If the codes are not accepted @DutchyBudgie then you would need to speak with our live support to see what if anything can be done.

Can you ensure that you are following these steps exactly when trying to contact support:

Click on your product Origin

Then select 'PC

Manage my Account'

Can't log in

Finally, you can choose to receive a callback or begin a chat.

If it does not work then you can use a Voice-Over-IP service like Skype or Google Voice and contact our UK support directly, it is best to set your location to the country you are contacting also. The UK support number is  +44 203 0141818  and is available 9AM-9PM GMT, Monday through Saturday.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (364 Views)