Buying keys from G2A/CDKeys

by King-Sim-U-Lot

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buying keys from G2A/CDKeys

★★ Novice

Hello

I have a major anxiety disorder and now I'm suddenly worried my game packs might one day be taken off me.

I brought some keys for Origin. More specifically, Sims 4 packs. I thought nothing of it at the time and assumed G2A or/and CDKeys were legitimate and worked in partnership with Origin. A quick google search has proven otherwise.

Will I get my packs removed? I really don't want them removed. Moving forward, I will be purchasing my game packs directly from Origin's website. 

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 8 (3,488 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: CDKey/G2A Sims

Community Manager

Hey @King-Sim-U-Lot, purchasing EA PC digital games from unauthorized sellers holds a variety of risks. The following information can help you protect your account and yourself.

Our games are sold at various online and in-store retailers across the world, but sometimes these retailers are not all they may seem to be.

Some unauthorized retailers bring risks with each purchase you attempt to make, and they can put your account and personal information in danger. Make sure to protect yourself:

• At best, you might get the wrong product or language version of a game you buy.
  • At worst, unauthorized websites may be phishing for your EA Account or payment information. This can result in losing access to your account or fraudulent activity with your payment details.
  • Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (3,410 Views)

All Replies

Re: Buying keys from G2A/CDKeys

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hey @King-Sim-U-Lot when purchasing EA games we would always recommend that you do so from a trusted retailer.

If you purchased games from certain retailers then these codes can be removed. 

You can find all the information you need to identify a trusted retailer here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/where-to-buy-ea-games-v2/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (3,469 Views)

CDKey/G2A Sims

★★ Novice

Hello

Sorry for another topic. I wasn't sure how to reply to my other one or if replying is possible.

So, the CDKey/G2A key for The Sims 4, I brought 2 years ago and successfully redeemed these keys. I've had no issues with the keys or with the game packs being disabled. 

Since it has been 2 years, am I safe to assume that the codes I brought were legitimate? I just am really anxious that EA will one day make my game packs disappear. Believe me, from now on I'm buying my game packs on Origin for The Sims 4.

Sorry if I should've not made another topic. I just want peace of mind regarding my anxiety with one day having my account disabled or banned because I used CDKey/G2A 2 years ago. 

Kindest Regards

King-Sim-U-Lot

Message 3 of 8 (3,469 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @King-Sim-U-Lot I moved your post to the original thread.

If you purchased games from a third-party site or company then there is a risk that these codes can be removed from your account. 

We would not be able to offer any guarantees in relation to the codes if they were purchased outside of the recommended retailers. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 8 (3,451 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Darko

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me.

So even if I've used the codes, people that I brought it off can still take away the already redeemed codes?

Message 5 of 8 (3,420 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @King-Sim-U-Lot, purchasing EA PC digital games from unauthorized sellers holds a variety of risks. The following information can help you protect your account and yourself.

Our games are sold at various online and in-store retailers across the world, but sometimes these retailers are not all they may seem to be.

Some unauthorized retailers bring risks with each purchase you attempt to make, and they can put your account and personal information in danger. Make sure to protect yourself:

• At best, you might get the wrong product or language version of a game you buy.
  • At worst, unauthorized websites may be phishing for your EA Account or payment information. This can result in losing access to your account or fraudulent activity with your payment details.
  • Additionally, any illegally obtained games and Product Codes will be disabled by us, and access to the product will be lost.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (3,411 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello Darko

Thanks for that information.

Would you be able to tell me if any of mine were obtained illegitimately and if so, could you remove them? I don't want the guilt hanging over my head. Standard smile 

Kindest Regards

King-Sim-U-Lot

Message 7 of 8 (3,391 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @King-Sim-U-Lot, that is not something that I would be able to help with. The only way you will know if there is an issue is if one is removed.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 8 of 8 (3,379 Views)