Buy game... linked to an account I dont have access to. EA REFUSES TO HELP

by jrdbrn

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Buy game... linked to an account I dont have access to. EA REFUSES TO HELP

★ Novice

Basically, I don't buy games often... this year I wanted Madden. The last Madden I bought was 2011. I download game and get ready to play. This prompt is telling me that I need to log in with an email address I have ZERO access to. It's for an ISP that I haven't used in over 5 years. I've moved twice since and have a totally different ISP. I have tried every password I could think of and cannot log in. EA Support will not help me. As a matter of fact, 

554 5.7.1 <[edit: email address removed]>: Recipient address rejected: user [edit: email address removed] does not exist

I can't reset a password for an email that doesn't exist. So now I have a game that is linked to an account... BRAND NEW GAME... that is linked to an email.. THAT DOESN'T EXIST. Support is asking me to verify, but the info on it is so old I have no idea. 

Why is it so difficult for this? Why can I not disassociate this EA account from my Xbox Live account?

The way I understand, I would have to pay for a new XBL account, new EA account, and buy the game again just to play it online. Is this correct? If so, this is a complete sham.

We couldn’t grant access to this account based on the info you shared. We can only verify the account using the info that was given to us when the account was set up.

If you can get access to your email or share more info, let us know by filling out a new form at help.ea.com/account-recovery/web-form.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience. We know not having access to an account is frustrating. We’re extra cautious because we want all player info to be as safe as possible. Thanks for sticking with us.
Message 1 of 9 (955 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Buy game... linked to an account I dont have access to. EA REFUSES TO HELP

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @jaredborne but if the account recovery team have advised you that they cannot grant you access to the account then there is nothing we can do on AHQ to change this.

The best thing to do is put together as much info as possible in relation to the account and fill out the form again.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (863 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Sorry to say @jrdbrn but if our account recovery team have advised you that they are unable to grant you access to the account then there is nothing that we can do on AHQ to change this.

The best thing to do is see if you can regain access to the email account in question.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (928 Views)

★ Novice

What don't you understand.  The email address doesn't exist anymore. Send a test to it and you'll see  Bornestar at myviscom dot com. It doesn't exist.

I dont understand this issue  Basically I have no reason to ever buy another EA game if I cant play. 

Message 3 of 9 (923 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jrdbrn this is not something which we can help with on AHQ.

If the account recovery team have declined your request for access to the account then the best thing to do is put together as much info as possible in relation to the account and submit it again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 9 (899 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I submitted everything plus attached receipts. EA still refuses to grant access.

It's quite amazing that EA has created a system that will not allow you to play games online that you purchased from them OR recover an account. This, in the end, just will keep me from spending $50-60 per game from EA again.

Truly mind boggling.

Message 5 of 9 (880 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @jaredborne but if the account recovery team have advised you that they cannot grant you access to the account then there is nothing we can do on AHQ to change this.

The best thing to do is put together as much info as possible in relation to the account and fill out the form again.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 9 (864 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway to just start a new EA Email Login?

Message 7 of 9 (819 Views)

Community Manager

Do you mean to create a new EA account @PrimeTimeQ25?

Have you contacted the account recovery team?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 9 (807 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am in the same boat. Created my account over ten years ago. The email address I used doesnt even exist anymore. I called AOL (yes, AOL, thats how long ago it was) and they said that they have record of any email account with that address. EA Refuses to help, saying to just fill out the form again and when I do, nobody ever emails me, they just wait a little while and close the case. I am unable to ever play another EA Game ever again, and they dont care at all. This company does not care at all about their customers. 

Message 9 of 9 (708 Views)