Build a Bundle not working properly [sims 4]

by beirecool

Original Post

Build a Bundle not working properly [sims 4]

★★ Novice

So I want to make a bundle with DU, ROM and Moschino. When I check the bundle page it says it would cost me around 45 euros.

When I try to check out it is about 60 euros, hello what? I even tried it on the browser, it won't let me log-in on firefox and on chrome it keeps telling me I can't make a bundle because I own everything. Which I don't.

I have been looking all over the internet for an answer and well this has happend before to other people, I already cleared my app cache and my browser cache so that didn't help. DU should be available in build a bundle, but why isn't the discount working?

Before check-out.PNG

At check-out.PNG

Message 1 of 9 (3,421 Views)

Re: Build a Bundle not working properly [sims 4]

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @beirecool ,

Looks like it was a matter of bad timing here. Frown

Discover University is not available to bundle right now as the Black Friday sales started recently and Discover University is not part of the sale. What you are experiencing is caused by that together with your browser cache, and that's why when you visit the check out page you see the price the three packs together would be when not part of a bundle. Also the reason why when you use another browser and try to access the Build your Bundle page, you are getting the message saying you are a collector.

An option would be waiting until the Black Friday sales expire, and try again after.

Hope that helps to at least understand what's going on,

-Mai

Message 2 of 9 (3,406 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mai Ah well, that's a shame. Looks like I have to wait a bit longer Frown
Message 3 of 9 (3,400 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

@beirecool in case it helps with the decision: Black Friday sale lasts a week, until December 3rd.

I see from your picture you have Origin Access - is this from the free month promotion for activating Login Verification on your account? If so, can I suggest looking at this as a week with more time than expected to give other new games from The Vault a try?

Message 4 of 9 (3,390 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Mai It is indeed from the promotion, I have looked at the games in the vault and some did catch my eye!
Message 5 of 9 (3,381 Views)

EA app Team

@beirecool let me know what you find! ^^

Message 6 of 9 (3,371 Views)

Bought a bundle, was charged full price.

★★ Novice

A few hours ago I opened Sims 4 and it told me I could purchase a bundle. I clicked on the link, was sent to the Origin shopping centre. I picked three expansions for the bundle, was told it would cost just over $60, and then got my receipt and saw the price was actually over $90.

Concerned, I contacted the help line. I waited over an hour for the chat, and then spent about another hour explaining this entire situation to the person on the other end while waiting for them to check with their supervisor. The response I got? That apparently because I chose the newest expansion, it was not eligible for the bundle, and therefor I was not eligible for the bundle price. When I asked why it let me choose it for the bundle, and still quoted the bundle price, I was told they couldn't help me anymore and that I should just post of the forums. Then they ended the chat.

So here I am, asking everyone: How can you allow a customer to pick an expansion for a bundle, quote them a bundle price, and then charge them full price and tell them that if that's a problem they should just post of a forum? I am sick to my stomach. I had no idea Origin was this dishonest. I feel like I was robbed.

Can you actually help? Because lying to me, and stealing my money, is a really nasty way to treat a customer.

Message 7 of 9 (3,358 Views)

Re: Bought a bundle, was charged full price.

★★★ Expert
@Atanax Did you ask EA Help if any of the products are eligible for refunds? I'm reading on Origin.com that you could try checking your order history to see if there is a "Request a Refund" link next to any eligible product. I've never had to try this but I hope you can find something that works out for you.
Message 8 of 9 (3,341 Views)

Re: Bought a bundle, was charged full price.

★★ Novice

I asked for a refund when talking with customer help. They told me they did not do refunds for expansions. I asked for them to fix the charge. They refused, said it was out of their hands. You can't steal my money and then tell me to post in a forum to try and find help. This is all just insane.

Message 9 of 9 (3,309 Views)