Re: Breakpoint error

by oPanoc

Original Post

Breakpoint error

★ Novice

keep getting a breakpoint error when i shut down my pc in the last week or so as attached. Any suggestions on why its happening all of a sudden?

Message 1 of 7 (759 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @chjjj2 the best thing to do is to reinstall Origin and then see if you continue to have the same issue pop up.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (736 Views)

★ Apprentice

same problem here, reinstall, delete all origin folder did not helped.

Message 3 of 7 (689 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @oPanoc can you test it on another Windows admin account to see if you have the same issue?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

on same computer no, on another computer yes and a vmware vritual machine and has the same problem.

pc1, 9700K,32gb, gtx1080, etc

pc2 10100, 16gb, gtx1660 etc

Message 5 of 7 (677 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @oPanoc are you having the issue across multiple machines?

If the issue occurs on one system on one Windows admin account but not another then this could point to an issue with the Windows account.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 7 (668 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yes the issue is with 2 physical machines and one virtual machine.

Difficult to believe that all 3 have the same problem since it started about one week ago on all 3.

And of course its the only application that has that problem.

Searching internet for breakpoint error seems all conclude that its an application error not windows account. (Why would be? did not change anything in anyway)

eg. https://www.quora.com/What-does-the-exception-breakpoint-has-been-reached-mean-on-my-PC

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Origin-failing-with-application-error-when-shutting-d...

if statement true " chances are that this happens due to a faulty registry entry or some other form of leftovers from installations." then its definitely origin -client or its updater error.

anyway just close origin manually before shutdown for now.

Message 7 of 7 (651 Views)