Re: Bought game from steam but not activated on origin

by zmkw4a3mmf25

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bought game from steam but not activated on origin

★★ Apprentice

Hello, i recently bought Battlefield 2042 on steam and tried to play it, but when i open origin i see that the game picture is greyed out (view attachements). When i click on the game in origin, it tells me buy now, although i already own it on steam and have my accounts linked together. When i launch the game from steam, ea app opens and i don't see Battlefield 2042 in my collection. If i open Origin i can see it greyed out, meaning in both apps it is showing that i did not buy it/activated it on my ea account, but i already bought it from steam. This seems like a problem from ea's end. Can a community manager help me please?

Message 1 of 7 (605 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Apprentice

I contacted ea support through live chat and they solved my problem, thank you for your time. 

View in thread

Message 3 of 7 (579 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @SpicySniper12 can you confirm that your Steam and EA accounts should be linked and that you are signed into both clients with the linked accounts versus any others you might have?

If so can you try closing out of all clients, then just launch Steam and attempt to run Battlefield 2042?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 7 (584 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I contacted ea support through live chat and they solved my problem, thank you for your time. 

Message 3 of 7 (580 Views)

Community Manager
@SpicySniper12 Glad to hear you got this resolved!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 7 (502 Views)

★★★ Novice

How did you contact ea live chat, i have same problem about fifa 23.

Message 5 of 7 (455 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah good luck trying too , ive tryd for like 2 hours the chat doesnt connect

Message 6 of 7 (432 Views)

Community Manager

@Ertuuuuuuuu You can use the link below!

• EA Help website - Live Support (Phone, Chat, Email) 
  • Twitter - Select the message icon to get assistance   

Illium.png

Message 7 of 7 (370 Views)