Re: Bought Used Sims 4 Code Already Redeemed

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bought Used Sims 4 Code Already Redeemed

★★★ Novice

I recently bought Sims 4 for from Goodwill (it was used). I obviously didn't know that the code be redeemed only once. Is there any way I can still play it even hough the code was redeemed? I have both of the discs and the code. I know it would be easier to just return it but I'm not in the mood to spend $40 on a game. :I

Message 1 of 2 (703 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jpst23  No, sorry, there's no way to use this copy of the game.  The only way to install Sims 4, even with discs, is to let Origin manage the process, and Origin won't let you install, let alone play, without a code on your account.  Since a code can't be used twice, you won't be able to add it.

If $40 is more than you want to spend, you might wait for an Origin sale.  I've seen the base game priced as low as $5 a few times this year already.  All packs have been discounted too, although not as steeply—expansions are typically 50% off.  The last sale was in July, so you may see one in the next couple of months.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (677 Views)

All Replies

@jpst23  No, sorry, there's no way to use this copy of the game.  The only way to install Sims 4, even with discs, is to let Origin manage the process, and Origin won't let you install, let alone play, without a code on your account.  Since a code can't be used twice, you won't be able to add it.

If $40 is more than you want to spend, you might wait for an Origin sale.  I've seen the base game priced as low as $5 a few times this year already.  All packs have been discounted too, although not as steeply—expansions are typically 50% off.  The last sale was in July, so you may see one in the next couple of months.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (678 Views)