Blue Screen when downloading Sims 4

by ginny28

Original Post

Blue Screen when downloading Sims 4

★ Novice

when opening origin and downloading Sims 4  Computer is crashing into blue screen. started happening after latest origin update. please help

Message 1 of 8 (768 Views)

Re: Blue Screen when downloading Sims 4

Community Manager

Hi @ginny28

When you've got the chance can you try reinstalling the Origin client to see if that helps at all? Something may have been corrupted in the Origin data, and reinstalling it might help. 

For more information on how to reinstall check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had the chance to give it a shot. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 8 (750 Views)

★ Novice

Hi thanks for repllying. I have tried to unstall all origin and sims 4 and restall both and when I try to open origin it blue screen my pc and ow I have Sims 4 installed it does it when I open sims 4. everything was working up untill the latest upgrade for origin.

Message 3 of 8 (730 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @ginny28,

Thanks for giving that a shot for me. 

Would you mind sending us a DxDiag when you have the chance so we can take a look? For more information on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Once you have the text file please attach it to this thread. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 8 (706 Views)

★ Novice

hey hope u can help me I have updated my computer and nothing seems to help

Message 5 of 8 (688 Views)

Community Manager

@ginny28 

Thanks! I was hoping we would be able to see the Blue Screen errors in the diagnostics file, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they were captured. 

I did notice that you have a few different storage devices installed in your PC. Which of those is Origin installed on? Were you installing The Sims 4 to that same drive, or did you set it to install on a different one? 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 8 (669 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Kent same drive always C drive others are storage pic/video etc.
Message 7 of 8 (661 Views)

Community Manager

@ginny28 

Gotcha, thanks!

Since you're running Windows 7 there's a different way we can look up the Blue Screen errors you've been seeing. We can use the Windows Reliability Monitor to see the crashes and find more details from there. If you search Reliability Monitor in the "search for files and programs" section in Windows it should pull it up. Once you open it click on View reliability history, and you'll see a calendar of past Windows events. The blue screen errors you've been seeing should appear here as well. 

If you can find one of them click on the date where it happened, and you should see a summary down below of all the events for that day. Click the view technical details link next to the blue screen event, and you'll see a screen with more information on that crash. Would you mind grabbing a screenshot of that screen with the details and sharing it here, when you've got the chance? Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (624 Views)