Battlefield V wont launch

by AokiKyosei

Original Post

Battlefield V wont launch

★★★ Newbie

Battlefield V does not launch, when trying to start the game all i get is a black screen for 5-10 seconds and it kicks me back out to my desktop

Message 1 of 10 (865 Views)

Re: Battlefield V wont launch

Community Manager

A black screen followed by a crash on startup generally points to an issue with your system not meeting the minimum specs required to run the game @AokiKyosei.

Can you grab a DxDiag so that I can take a look at your system and we'll go from there: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (841 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My desktop specs should be able to handle this game - 

i9900k

RTX2070

32gb ram

I've attached the DxDiag.

Message 3 of 10 (831 Views)

★ Novice
mydxdiag run 64 bit but my game don't launch
Message 4 of 10 (790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is my DxDiag file, what's funny is the very first time I loaded Battlefield V, I got to the point after the preview clip where I was starting to move and shoot, suddenly the screen just disappeared, when I reloaded the game, black screen. Tried uninstalling the game and Origin, same thing? Shame, I think I would have liked this game. Play World of Warships and World of Warplanes on my new Lenovo Legion. Brand new PC, nothing else loaded.

Message 5 of 10 (745 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @briandegans  looking at your dxdiag your graphic cards don't meet the minimum requirements to run the game.

You have a: Intel® UHD Graphics 630

The minimum for the game is: 

Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7730
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GT 640

/Atic 

Message 6 of 10 (735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Update! After running the Lenovo Vantage utility it ran a BIOS update 9VCN18WW and Battlefield V now plays!

You may be right about the Intel UHD Graphics 630 card, luckily this Legion model 81LF comes with two graphics cards, it also has the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1600 and the Lenovo support assured me that the game should play on this laptop, after the BIOS update it does. Hooray

Thanks for the feedback, it forced me to search for a reason why it didn't run initially.

Message 7 of 10 (705 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @briandegans.

Enjoy your gaming.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (674 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this same problem. 

I clean installed windows today, only installed GPU and MB drivers, updated bios. When I try to play BF5 it just sits there, then the origin window comes back up. You can see BFV.exe run for a few seconds. There's nothing that looks significant in event viewer. It just fails to launch. Other games work fine so far.

Message 9 of 10 (658 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@AokiKyosei I don't get kicked back to my desktop, I go the Origin home page.
Message 10 of 10 (572 Views)