Re: Battlefield V - Intro plays at every launch and i have tried everything

by Straatford87

Original Post

Battlefield V - Intro plays at every launch and i have tried everything

★ Novice

i recently bought Bf5 off of the origin store and every time i launch the game it is as if ii am launching it for the first time,i have tried all of the suggestions online and nothing worked,this bus has been prevalent for some time now and nothing has been done. Its a disgrace that a customer should have to edit file names to get their purchase working in the first place, even disregarding the fact that some people cant fix this problem at all.

Message 1 of 9 (472 Views)

Community Manager

You can fix this @seamus55217 by opening your Documents folder and in the Battlefield V folder and rename the file PROFSAVE_tmp to just PROFSAVE.

Once done it should no longer play the intro video every time you launch the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 9 (452 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Darko i did this and now every time i launch the game it creates a new PROFSAVE_tmp file. I have repeated the process you mentioned numerous times to no avail and am growing increasingly frustrated.

Séamus

Message 3 of 9 (407 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @seamus55217  does the document folder has read and write rights from windows so it can save that you are doing the start of the game?  

/Atic 

Message 4 of 9 (377 Views)

★ Novice

Just did that. Didnt work....

Message 5 of 9 (367 Views)

EA DICE Team

@seamus55217 

Could you try:

• Right-click BFV tile in Origin
  • Select Game Properties
  • Select Advance Launch Options
  • Type: -novid
  • Click Save

This should always skip the intro video for you. Why it's always replaying in the first place... I actually don't know and will refer you back to @EA_Atic as he is our Battlefield genius.

Message 6 of 9 (342 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks @Straatford87 and for that tip above, I don't think I will work for BFV however as the intro video is the introduction level and keeps happening when Battlefield V can't save as it should in the document folder and is connected to read and write problems to that folder in windows.

The most successful way I have seen this solved is to try a new windows Account with Admin rights. @seamus55217 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 9 (336 Views)

★ Novice

still not working tried all of the steps.I am aware of the fix which requires a new account but seeing as i payed 60 euro for the game i dont feel that i should have to go out of my way to fix it,not to that extent of impracticality.

@EA_Atic 

@Straatford87 

@EA_Darko 

Message 8 of 9 (296 Views)

Community Manager

The reason we ask that you try a new Windows account @seamus55217 is down to the fact that if the game works then it points to an issue with the primary Windows account. When we see issues such as this appear we need to troubleshoot it so as to narrow down the possible causes.

I had a similar issue to you on my home system, it worked fine on my wife's Windows account but on my own one I had the intro video every time I launched it. I created a new Windows user account on my PC and gave it full admin rights and the game worked perfectly when launched from then on. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 9 (279 Views)