Banned from Origin for no reason- no response in 4 months

by insaneavarice

Original Post

Banned from Origin for no reason- no response in 4 months

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've been banned from origin for well over 4 months now, and have made ZERO headway on getting my account back. All I've ever played is the Sims 4, and had every single pack up to date. That's a lot of money. I play the Sims to help escape an abusive life I have at home, so not being able to even have access is beyond upsetting. I've emailed, called, live chatted, everything. All that happens is they say "we'll send it to the TOS department- they'll email you" and I have NEVER heard back. I'm not going to let this go- I've spent so much money and time and this is so infuriating. I am just about ready to drop my old account and demand a voucher for TS4 and every pack I owned- I don't care about the saves anymore I just want to be able to PLAY, and this is not okay. It's not okay to treat customers like this.

Message 1 of 4 (296 Views)

Re: Banned from Origin for no reason- no response in 4 months

@insaneavarice  I can't help with any ban issues, other than to suggest you check your email account's spam folder, since messages from EA often land there.  There's nothing anyone on this forum, even the EA employees, can do about account sanctions, except to recommend that you contact customer support yet again.

But are you sure you're banned, and not just unable to login?  There are a couple of different issues with running Origin on a Mac right now, depending on what version of macOS you have.  If you're not sure, click on the Apple icon in the upper left corner of your screen and select About This Mac.  Let me know which one you're running, and I can try to help, that is, if you're not in fact banned.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes I’m sure I’m banned, they say so when they check on my account. I’ve checked every folder more than once, nothing. No emails.

Message 3 of 4 (262 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @insaneavarice for any sanction or bans on an account you will need to speak directly to our Terms of Service team.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (241 Views)