Re: Banned account

by jinerator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned account

★ Guide

My account was randomly banned stating I violated the user agreement.  I was accused of posting a picture that condoned violence.  I haven't edited my profile in years. 

I have disputed my case multiple times and the Terms of Service team refuses to investigate properly. I get an automated email stating my case is closed and to not expect any further response. 

At this point, this feels essentially like theft.  I have invested a lot of money in EA. I am not an online gamer. I play single player games.  I'm only posting this because the EA Help Department told me this is what I should do.  

I am deeply upset with how I have been treated, and EA has made me feel unwelcome in their gaming community.  All I wanted to do was get this error corrected so I can go back to enjoying the products I paid for. 

Message 1 of 10 (57,128 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @jinerator if our TOS team have denied your appeal then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 10 (57,091 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @jinerator if our TOS team have denied your appeal then I'm sorry to say but there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact usat the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (57,092 Views)

★ Guide

What can I do if the Terms of Service team is not doing proper investigations and are being unethical? 

Message 3 of 10 (57,070 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko This is not a solution. The problem I am having is that the Terms of Service team will not conduct a proper investigation. My cases get denied immediately after I submit them. What I am looking for is the contact information to have the Terms of Service team investigated for not doing their job properly.
Message 4 of 10 (57,062 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko The customer service system is broken. Every adviser says I need to talk to the TOS team. The issue is that there is no way to talk to them. In numerous forums threads, customers are having the same issues, and I have noticed this same copy and pasted answer is on all of them.

How can I contact the TOS team when there is no avenue for that? Then the final answer becomes "If the TOS team denies your claim, theres nothing that can be done."
Does that mean every customer should just give up the investment they made into this company? We should be ok with what looks like essentially theft? If you think the answer is yes, that is delusional.

Honestly Darko, I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but you have copy and pasted the same answer without actually reading these problems. Your answer is invalid and does not work. If you honestly want to help this gaming community, then please, help. Copy and paste functions do not help the community that are made of people.
Message 5 of 10 (57,057 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Still waiting on that help.
Message 6 of 10 (57,013 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jinerator, like yourself we CMs do get a lil time off each week. If you are posting and a CM is not responding it's worth talking a moment and giving them time to respond.

I can assure you that our TOS team fully investigates all appeals submitted. If they have denied your request then there is nothing that we can do to change this on AHQ.

As for copy and pasting the info, when it comes to TOS cases there is nothing that we can do to assist with them on AHQ. All we can do is direct you to the TOS team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 10 (56,996 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Sure thing. You had two days to reply, but anyway...

When I talked to the EA Help part, they directed me to the AHQ community. So, yes, its all copy and paste. Or maybe you should communicate with the EA Help department on where they send us.

Also, I have had plenty of patience. I have been waiting for EA to do anything for my account (especially an actual investigation) since the beginning of April. Its now June. So how much time do they need off?

Hope you enjoyed your weekend.
Message 8 of 10 (56,981 Views)

★ Guide
@EA_Darko Honestly, what bothers me more than anything isthat there are all these departments for customer service, and no one can help. Is anyone aware of that?

How fair is that to your gaming community? We just want to get back to our game, and not just keep wasting time with customer service. I didn't ask to be banned. I was wrongly banned. I looked for help in every department EA claims to provide. They all say the same things.
1. TOS is who I need to contact.
2. Their department cant do anything from their end.
3. Theres no real way to contact the Terms of Service team.

I know they aren't doing true investigations because I will get denied instantly after I submit a claim.

So, if you aren't able to help, or not willing to help, you might as well take another day off.
Message 9 of 10 (56,977 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @jinerator I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist you on AHQ.

If our TOS team have repeatedly denied your appeals then I'm sorry to say but there is no team who can assist you in changing this.

Please do not create further thread's for this issue.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 10 (56,948 Views)