Banned account linked to Steam, any way to unban or just delete account?

by Anonymous

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Banned account linked to Steam, any way to unban or just delete account?

Anonymous

My Origin account got banned for violating TOS. The original ban email was sent to an email that is no longer in use, so I do not even know the actual reason for the ban. I am assuming it has to do with my account name, in which case why am I allowed to create a username that violates TOS? I linked the banned Origin account to my Steam account in order to play Apex Legends. I can now no longer player Apex Legends which is disappointing, but not the end of the world. The bigger issue I have is that I cannot unlink the banned Origin account from Steam. If more EA games become able to play on Steam by linking Origin I will not be able to play them through Steam because a banned account is linked to Steam.

I originally linked this Origin account to steam because I had forgotten the credentials on my main account, but still wanted to play Apex Legends after learning it was available on Steam. I have figured out my credential again and would just like to link the original account which has upwards of 200 hours on Apex Legend. When I ask if it is possible to undo the ban support sends a ticket to the TOS team and assures me that my problem will be fixed. This has been going on for about 3 months now and after 2 separate cases, the TOS team has deemed that the ban is justified. 

I just want to know if there is anything I can do to unlink this banned account from Steam to use my other account. If there is nothing that can be done I really have to question the efficiency and effectiveness of a system that allows you to create usernames that will get banned for breaking TOS, then holds a third party account hostage by not allowing the user to unlink the account.

Message 1 of 7 (10,020 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Banned account linked to Steam, any way to unban or just delete account?

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (10,005 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team in relation to any ban.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 7 (10,006 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have purchased FIFA 21 on steam and linked it with banned account by mistake. I talked to EA Customer Care and escalate my issue to TOS team and they refused to unlink my banned account. By the way my account was banned 6 years ago. So i have waste 80$ by purchasing FIFA 21 Champions Edition

Message 3 of 7 (9,329 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to say @Alvontero but there is nothing that we can do to assist with account related issues such as this on AHQ.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 7 (9,273 Views)

★★★ Novice

I also got banned for the dumbest reason ever and guess what. I emailed them 2 pages that IF they read it would get me unbanned immediately and EA/ Respawn would fix their game. But they don't read emails and now I can't play my favorite game I spent money on THAT I DIDNT EVEN DO ANYTHING IN. I did something I shouldn't have been banned for in Apex so they took away all my games. How does that make sense. I just want somebody to unlink my EA account from steam and to read my email and respond. Also, the EA manager people on this website are total bots. They just send premade messages that don't solve crap. They're not even human.

Message 5 of 7 (8,422 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I also got banned for something in Apex and now I can't play Battlefield, mirror's edge and the worst fo all Need for Spped (It is my favourite game) and I bought all of them through steam and I wanna buy another Need For Speed game and I can't cuz I won't be able to play it that's why I really start to dislike EA now it pisses me off that they don't care that we loose money after we make mistakes cuz they don't accept mistakes even though they make more mistakes themselves with game development

Message 6 of 7 (8,210 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I'm going to lock this thread as there is nothing more that we can do to assist with TOS related sanctions on AHQ.

If you have a ban on your account then please speak with our TOS team.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (8,171 Views)