Re: Bad image

by CallumMayonaise

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bad image

★★ Novice

Hi! I was wondering how to sort out bad image on origin in 2020. I downloaded VC files from the other questions but they're from 2019 I think. I honestly don't know a lot because I'm still a bit young but I would love to play my sims! I had re-downloaded origin and it worked until I turned off my laptop then turned it on again. Running it as administrator works but the same as re-downloading it, it doesn't work if I open my laptop up again. I would really just love some help <3

The Notification:

C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCR120.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc000012f.

I've downloaded VC Files and everything and still it doesn't work. I was wondering if it's a case that my laptop runs windows 8 and I can only download windows 7 origin. Is there any way I could download windows 8 origin or something or if it even is a problem with that. When I download origin it says it only runs on windows 7 or under so honestly I have no idea what to do.

Thanks <3

Message 1 of 3 (589 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@indiasummer2009 

The Origin installer supports Windows 7 (SP1) or later so Windows 8 should be fine. 

Check the following link for info on the specific VC++ steps you should take, thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/quot-MSVCR120-dll-missing-quot-appears-when-do...

barry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (558 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@indiasummer2009 

The Origin installer supports Windows 7 (SP1) or later so Windows 8 should be fine. 

Check the following link for info on the specific VC++ steps you should take, thanks.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/quot-MSVCR120-dll-missing-quot-appears-when-do...

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (559 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Why does Origin not support Windows 10 as I have that now and unable to play SIMS, am I able to get my money back or?

Message 3 of 3 (452 Views)