Re: Apex legends lag/ frame drops/ stuttering ?

by PaulNimbo

Original Post

Apex legends lag/ frame drops/ stuttering ?

★★ Novice

Im not really sure how to define my problem and I dont know if anyone else is experiencing the same issue. These are my system specs:

CPU - intel i5 -  7300HQ 2.5 GHz

GPU - Nvidia GTX 1050ti (laptop)

RAM - 16 GB (i dont remember the make and model)

So here's my problem. Im well above the minimum requirements of the game which means i should be able to play with everything set to low on 1080p right? However when im in game every maybe 20 - 40 seconds my game will drop fps from 55-60 all the way doAwn to 15 maybe less and during that time its incredibly unresponsive. My character will move forward on its own (ow whatever the last command given was) and i can hardly pan my camera, and this can last for upwards of 8 seconds. Is this happening with anyone else? and if so is there any fix?

Message 1 of 26 (84,882 Views)

★★ Novice
whats your ingame settings?
Message 2 of 26 (84,838 Views)

★★ Novice

Im currently using the geforce experience optimized settings, to no avail. My settings are:

Resolution : 1366x768

Anti Aliasing : off

Texture filtering: anisotropic 16x

Texture streaming budget: very low (2-3gm) 

volumetric lighting: disabled

sun shadow coverage and sun shadow detail: disabled

Ambient occlusion quality: disabled

effects detail: low

impact marks: disabled

dynamic spot shadows: low

model detail: low

ive seen videos on youtibe of how it should work on a 1050ti laptop and they usually show an average of 55-60 fps on medium to high settings on 1080p and 80+ on the setting im running it at

Message 3 of 26 (84,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Im pretty sure I have the same laptop, or at least a similar one, that has the same issues... Someone please help? Literally everything is on low and i set the resolution BELOW 1080p and it still lags a lot...

Message 4 of 26 (82,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I play on a laptop and that fixed it for me:

Try right-click on desktop and open up NVidia Control Panel. Then go to the "Manage 3D settings" and open the "program settings" tab. Then select Apex Legends as a program to customize (search for the .exe if it is not in the list) and choose Nvidia processor as prefered graphics processor. Then in the settings choose "CUDA - GPUs" and choose "use these GPUs" and choose your graphics card. 

Save and exit and that should do the trick.

Message 5 of 26 (82,168 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice

I have tried this and it doesn't seem to work?

Does anyone know what the problem is? Wifi, graphics, or just a bug in the game.

Message 6 of 26 (82,045 Views)

★ Novice

Hey PaulNimbo did you find a fix my mate is having the exact same problem, hes got a beast of a PC running a Nvidia 1060

Message 7 of 26 (81,677 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I was actually having this issue myself and I tried a bunch of work arounds. Finally I tried to just run the game in Full screen rather than Windowed Full screen and it fixed my issue. I hope this helps someone else.

Message 8 of 26 (80,845 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

possible fix: if you have a 60hz monitor, most laptops do, go to origin - my library - find apex, right click, game properties - disable origin in-game - advanced launch options - copy and paste
| -refresh 60 -GameTime.MaxVariableFps 60 | - save - restart origin (make sure you didnt change any nvidia control panel settings connected to vsync) hope this helps

Message 9 of 26 (77,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks man. Working perfectly.

Message 10 of 26 (77,314 Views)