Apex legends account was banned for cheating when I did not cheat.

by Wubbista

Original Post

Apex legends account was banned for cheating when I did not cheat.

★★★ Newbie

EA have banned my Apex Legends account for cheating and I have not had the game installed for a year. I have never used cheats in my life and hacks for an online game and I have reinstalled Apex Legends to find out the ban was actually true. I have since added an authenticator and changed my password in case I was hacked. I have also raised this as a ticket twice but have not recieved a response in 3 weeks. This is really poor customer service as I now actually would like to play the game and have invested a lot of my time into it previously. I would like my account access back and not get an automated response. I am afraid that nothing is going to be done about this and two months later I will still not have a response. I thought that someone would have at least commented on this but nope nothing. Really dissapointed in EA... Banning people with no investigation or cause when very easily someone could have hacked into my account and used cheats. An instant ban is not acceptable when the waiting time for a response to get my account back for something I did not do is coming up to 3 weeks + with no communication. 

Message 1 of 4 (695 Views)

Re: Apex legends account was banned for cheating when I did not cheat.

Community Manager

@Wubbista 

The team that handles ban appeals is particularly busy right now so our response will be longer than stated.

We need to ask you to be patient until your case is attended to, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got banned to and I haven't cheated either. I haven't played the game in a few months and now I woke up to an email saying I cheated.... My K/D is less than 1.0

Makes you wonder if they're flagging OBS or other video capture software as programs that are bann worthy.

Message 3 of 4 (561 Views)

Community Manager

You will need to speak to our Terms of Service team @frameinspanish.

The process to contact our ToS team can be found here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/information-about-banned-or-suspended-accounts/

1. Click Contact us at the top of any page on EA Help.
  2. Select the game that your account was banned or suspended from. If it’s on your whole EA Account, choose Origin.
  3. Choose your platform.
  4. Select Manage my account, then Banned or suspended account.
  5. Fill out any other details below.
    • For example, if you picked Origin, it might ask you if you are accessing the game through an Origin Access membership.
  6. Click Select contact option.
  7. Sign in to your account that has the ban or suspension, if you aren’t already.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (556 Views)