[Apex] Origin Installation Issues

by Straatford87

Original Post

DirectX Error nox

★ Novice

Hello i have troubles with the game Nox , appear directx setup internal error ... when i try to install game so please someone help me i wanna play this old game 

Message 50 of 174 (2,304 Views)

Re: DirectX Error nox

★★ Novice

Can you give the error message? Either the plain text or screen grab of it as it will help tell what the actual issue is.

Message 51 of 174 (4,003 Views)

Re: DirectX Error nox

EA DICE Team

@Nagisa-Zero

Thanks for trying to help out! It's much appreciated :-)

@NaviKari

What's the status on the error that you're experiencing?

Message 52 of 174 (3,975 Views)

Re: "DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occurred".

★★★ Newbie

How to fix the issue incase Youtube pulls the video

1. Browse to Origin Games Install folder (X:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games)

Where X is the origin games folder.

This can be found by launching origin and going into the "application settings"

Click on "Installs & Saves" at the top of the window and you will see the Game Library Location
2. Find the game that is having issues (X:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Syndicate\)
3. Browse to the DirectX Install Folder (X:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Syndicate\__Installer\directx\redist)
4. Make a new Folder called Backup
5. Move all files except DSETUP.DLL, dsetup32.dll and DXSETUP.exe into Backup folder
6. Re-install the game from origin and it will now work

Message 53 of 174 (4,434 Views)

Sims 2 UC "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0C" error. HELP

★★★★ Novice

PLEASE REPLY, I NEED HELP.

I downloaded The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection to my Origin in 2014 and still haven't been able to play it because of the error message, "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!" I have a Windows 10 and my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 520. I checked my Direct Version and it said I have DirectX 12. I don't understand what to do, and I've looked at forums and solutions and none have helped me at all. Can someone tell me how I can play my game?

By the way when I go to The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection folder, none of the expansions or stuff packs come up. The only folders that show are Logs and Teleport. Am I missing something?

Message 54 of 174 (7,876 Views)

Re: Sims 2 UC "FAILED TO FIND ANY DIRECTX 9.0C" error. HELP

Community Manager

@jazzy6897

Try the following and maybe also download DirectX as per the post after the one linked:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-2/the-sims-2-direct-x-9-0c/m-p/3205351#M7124

Let us know if either of these steps help you play. thanks.

barry.png
Message 55 of 174 (11,828 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for replying, I'll give it a try and let you know if I still have problems.

Message 56 of 174 (7,841 Views)

★★★★ Novice

THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH I HAVEN'T GOTTEN TO PLAY IT IN 3 YEARS BUT NOW I FINALLY CAN! Seriously thanks for your help, putting it in windowed mode helped. 

Message 57 of 174 (7,837 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Wait I have just one more problem, after I get the game to work in windowed mode, I tried putting back in full resolution and it gave me the error again. I tried downloading the directX 9.0c posted in the thread, but they said I must have windows XP, 2000, and other versions, and I have windows 10 so I can't download it. What should I do?

Message 58 of 174 (7,832 Views)

Community Manager

@jazzy6897

As the game is older and you are using a recent operating system, you may need to run the game in a Windows Compatibility mode.

Check the following article for info on how to do that and again let us know here what happens.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ie/help/15078/windows-make-older-programs-compatible

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 59 of 174 (7,803 Views)