Re: Can't install Apex Legends

by Master_Turm01L

Original Post

Re: Can't install Apex Legends

★ Novice
This worked perfectly, not only for Spore, but also Apex Legends, which were both giving directx errors.
Message 171 of 174 (828 Views)

Re: [Apex] Origin Installation Issues

★★★ Newbie

"The game required a dx11," It said that when I was initializing the game, but I have a dx12. So what can I do?

Message 172 of 174 (780 Views)

Re: [Apex] Origin Installation Issues

★ Novice

To put it simple.

If you have a newer version of DX installed.
Your installer will not be able to install an older version that might be included with the download.

Because it's logic that you do not need an older version to play the game, if you have the newer.

An old installer does not always check for a new version of DX.

So it's checksum will not add up, and installation will be aborted.

Giving the error "DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occured."

Solution, if the game installer comes with an old DX version.

On page 3 of this thread, there is a video link.

Which is copied here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRfCNk-DsWg 

In this video there are 3 steps to your solution.

1. enter to game install directory

2. go to _installer\directx\redist

3. create a new folder, name it anything you want g.e. junk

3. select all files except: dsetup.dll , dsetup32.dll and dxsetup.exe - move all those files into the folder you just created.

4. go back to origin, and let origin complete the setup, by clicking on the game that was providing the issue.

For this issue where it says "DirectX Setup Error: An internal error occured."

This is your solution.

Unless developers actually update their installers with that specific check needed.

This error will keep occurring.

Message 173 of 174 (609 Views)

Re: I can't to install bought games at origin client! DirectX error!

★★★ Newbie

I had the same issue, looking for help i read  some very complicated options, but i had a hunch and it worked, i just deleted the Directx folder in regedit, and voila! i were able to install the game that has been giving me an error while installing Directx, hope it helps
the steps i've doen can be found here: https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-uninstall-directx-11

but i'll copy and paste for all of you, i did this with no restart, i just deleted the folder and reinstalled the game (for me was Mass Effect 2)

Click "Start," right-click "Computer" and select "Properties." The System Properties window opens.

Click "System Protection" in the left pane of the System Properties window.

Click "C:Drive" under Protection Settings, and then click "Configure."

Click "Turn Off System Protection," then click "OK," and then click "OK" again. This will prevent Windows from reinstalling DirectX automatically once you reboot after you uninstall it.

Click "Start," type "regedit" into the "Search" box, and press "Enter." The Registry Editor opens.

Click the "Arrow" next to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" in the left pane of the Registry Editor. A list of folders appears.

Click the "Arrow" next to the "Software" folder in the left pane of the Registry Editor. A new list of folders appears.

Click the "Arrow" next to the "Microsoft" folder in the left pane of the Registry Editor. A new list of folders appears.

Right-click the "DirectX" folder and select "Delete."

Close the Registry Editor and restart your computer.

Tips & Warnings

• Uninstalling DirectX 11 is not recommended. Doing so may cause errors or reduced system performance.

Message 174 of 174 (502 Views)