Apex Legends randomly uninstalled itself

by Pingvin__ping

Original Post

Apex Legends randomly uninstalled itself

★★★ Newbie

Apex legends randomly deleted itself.

I played Apex 2 days ago, when I finished I checked for drivers as always, installed a new one,19.3.1 for RX550, reset the pc and shut it down afterwards.
When I came back next day I searched for Apex Legends in the Windows search bar, expecting to launch it, only to see origin open and notify me that "Apex Legends doesn't seem to be installed".

I'm now reinstalling it, just wanted to get this out there.

Message 1 of 29 (13,518 Views)

Re: Apex Legends randomly uninstalled itself

Community Manager

That's a  bit of an odd one @Pingvin__ping and not one that I have really seen before.

Do you have anything running that optimises space when you are running out of HDD space as that can result in programs being uninstalled?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 29 (13,453 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have also had this same problem, i am sure i don't have any program that decides to uninstall programs, and my disk space is fine. However, it has now happened to me twice. I would like to know a solution before i reinstall.

Message 3 of 29 (13,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue. xBox 1, played last night for hours, woke up today and my game is uninstalled. Have to install all 45GB again. Not sure what gives.

Message 4 of 29 (12,449 Views)

Community Manager

That is an odd one @mace510845. Is it definitely uninstalled? Has anything new been installed on the console that could have required space resulting in another game being uninstalled?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 29 (12,423 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem now

Message 6 of 29 (12,413 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @G4L4CTIC4 can I ask, on what platform are you seeing this issue?
Darko

Darko.png
Message 7 of 29 (12,374 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing happened to me. I played apex last night on my xbox 1. Quit the game, shut off the xbox and went to sleep. Got home today and turn on the xbox and an update for apex legends starts (no auto update for some reason). I look at the que to see how big and its 32.98Gb. Not only that but I now have ~12Gb MORE free space on my hard drive than yesterday. With games like COD (+100Gb) storage space is always an issue and I know that yesterday I had 29.8Gb of free space available. Now my xbox, with an update of 32.98Gb going on mind you, some how has 42.2Gb of free space available. How does an update free up 12Gb of storage space? I took a ss of the que so you can see. What is going on? 

Message 8 of 29 (12,064 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Caesar2907 if you have questions as to your Xbox hard drive space then it is best to look at what is installed on your console. 

Generally, when updating a game you would need to have at least double the size of the update free. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 9 of 29 (12,017 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Unhelpful and not why I posted. Why did apex legends uninstall itself without my permission and then reinstall itself? Why did the game file change to a smaller file size after reinstalling?
Message 10 of 29 (12,000 Views)