Re: Apex Legends Keep downloading without stopping

by Dagex_Reburn

Original Post

Apex Legends Keep downloading without stopping

★★★★ Novice

Hi All 

I got so angry with this weird problem my friend gave me apex legends and i put it in my hard drive  when my game analyze it , it start downloading randomly sometimes 6 GB after i close origin and open it it says 10 GB i didn't know what happen i have all the files 

before when it said downloading 10 GB i clicked on cancel and after i opened the game it opened and i played it normally but now when the new update came i can't play it until i download this annoying 10 GB files i don't know why do i have to download it while i have all the files , by the way this update just 2 GB size 

Message 1 of 10 (2,192 Views)

Community Manager

It may be that the version of APEX Legends your friend installed for you is an out of date build @Dagex_Reburn and you need to update it.

Generally, if it's downloading such a large file then you would need them in order to run the game. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 10 (2,167 Views)

★★★★ Novice
no i don't think that because before all this happened i moved the game folder from USB hard drive to my hard drive pc it happens so i thought the wrong with my files i took my friend's game folder but it's the same
Message 3 of 10 (2,157 Views)

Community Manager

If it is requiring you to download an update in order to play the game @Dagex_Reburn then you will need to do so in order to play the game.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 10 (2,149 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

But when i click on cancel i played the game normally without any error msgs and didn't see the downloading bar ingame like when it's 39% or idk playable i have all the files

also my network not that fast to finish 10 GB in 2 days it will take more that's why i don't want to redownload it 

Message 5 of 10 (2,145 Views)

Community Manager

It could be that you do not have the HD textures downloaded so you will still be able to launch the game and play @Dagex_Reburn.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 10 (2,138 Views)

★★★★ Novice
but i got from my friend's pc all the files and his game work fine still downloading should we work in teamviewer and look what's my problem if u have time ?
Message 7 of 10 (2,135 Views)

Community Manager

There is nothing more that I can do @Dagex_Reburn beyond suggesting that you allow the update to fully download and install.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 10 (2,133 Views)

★★★★ Novice
oh man it will take ages 10 GB to much for me , ok ty for helping
Message 9 of 10 (2,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Really guys look at this Joke

https://ibb.co/vsZTXht
Message 10 of 10 (2,085 Views)