Apex Legends Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed ..

by BOATING_bait

Original Post

Highlighted

Apex Legends Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed ..

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

..successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4294967287)

This is the Error im still getting and i literally tried everything since the past 2 days.

Before you answer me with something like "go to your redist folder and delete all files except dxsetup.exe etc" i tried all variations of these, if i delete all these i can finish the download but sitll cant play the game, if i click on play there comes the message what says somthing like this "an error occured during your setup, please reinstall the game" .. i mean come on, i just wanna play the game Frown

I already tried to delete all the Microsoft Vision C++ on my computer and just install (as admin) the 4 that are in the Apex folder, still same problems

I already Updated drivers

Is there anybody here who can actually help me fix this stupid thing

E: Oh and i´ve reinstalled the game about 10 times now so please dont come with reinstall the game

Message 1 of 7 (2,521 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed ..

★★★ Novice

I already tried to deactivate all things like firewall etc and install the game fresh. does not work

is there anybody here able to help me ?

Message 2 of 7 (2,485 Views)

Re: Apex Legends Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed ..

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @BOATING_bait, other users who had this issue were able to fix it by following the steps in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/Download-Error/m-p/7419377/highlight/true#M39

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 7 (2,477 Views)

★★★ Novice

i tried everything the topic had to offer .. i can get past the DirectX error by deleting the cab files .. but when i try to start the game then der comes this error (its in another language so i try to put it in english): there was a problem with your setup. please reinstall the game.

so this messages pops up after the easyanticheat loading screen

the computer is 3 days old and is freshly setup .. apex was the first game i tried to install. by now i installed some different games, no problems with other games.

help? Frown

Message 4 of 7 (2,456 Views)

★★★ Novice

I changed in my regedit the two directx version names to 8 instead of 9 and i get past the directx error. The installation works fine (but i do not have the option to play the game while downloading even after 39%). so the game installs now and after i try to start the game after the easyanticheat loading screen the message pops up again: there was a problem with your setup. please reinstall the game.

i mean seriously, is this support that bad that it cant even help me to install my game? its not like this was an bug occured since a couple of days .. how is a company that big unable to fix this.

Message 5 of 7 (2,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

what you have to do is go into the program(86) files and find origin > origin games > apex > installer > redist > and then delete all except dsetup through dxupdate ive had to do this on 3 separate computers and it always has worked none of this other EA stuff that they recommend has worked and I spent an entire day off a month ago trying to figure it out  

Message 6 of 7 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yo did you ever figurre out how to fix yours?

Message 7 of 7 (1,235 Views)