Anyone else unable to launch most of their games?

by apav11

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anyone else unable to launch most of their games?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice
When I go to launch most of my games, nothing happens. I see the game's exe pop up for a split second in task manager when I launch it, but then it disappears and the Origin window pops up again. This is happening with 90% of my games. There are two exceptions though. With Battlefield 4, the game's window with a black screen opens up for a split second, then it closes and the Origin window pops up again. I also recently bought Battlefront 2 and Titanfall 2 on Steam and the validation process on Origin seemed to glitch out. Whenever I go to launch those, it seems to try to open another copy of Origin that says the store is disabled, but the end result is the same as above.

I've tried pretty much every possible solution (including uninstalling and redownloading the games, uninstalling Origin with Revo Uninstaller and deleting all associated files and registry keys, and trying to use older versions of Origin) and spoke with 5 different EA help agents, but still no luck. The strange part is two of my games, Dead Space 3 and Battlefield 3, still work. However, the rest don't. I haven't played any of my Origin games in a while, but they definitely have worked in the past.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue and have come across a solution? Thanks! 
Message 1 of 3 (601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone else unable to launch most of their games?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Fixed it. The cause of my issue was definitely when I installed Battlefront 2 and Titanfall 2 on Steam. When it glitched out when adding the games to Origin as well (since Origin is required to run them even if you buy it on Steam), it irrecoverably messed up the Origin client, so much that completely uninstalling and reinstalling everything couldn't fix it. What fixed it for me is a system restore from before I installed Battlefront 2 and Titanfall on Steam. So thankful I had that restore point, because if I hadn't I don't know how long I would go without being able to play any of my games. But now I'm afraid to reinstall those two, in case the same exact outcome happens and the restore point doesn't work a second time. 

Edit: Seems I didn't have to reinstall, Steam and Origin both remembered that I installed it before so I was able to load into both without any issues too!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (532 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Me too! When I open origin is closes immediately or it says I need to Update Sims 4. I click update and origin closes. I tried reinstalling origin and erasing my CC/mods. AndI tried logging into origin online and it says "login services are unavailable"???

Message 2 of 3 (589 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Fixed it. The cause of my issue was definitely when I installed Battlefront 2 and Titanfall 2 on Steam. When it glitched out when adding the games to Origin as well (since Origin is required to run them even if you buy it on Steam), it irrecoverably messed up the Origin client, so much that completely uninstalling and reinstalling everything couldn't fix it. What fixed it for me is a system restore from before I installed Battlefront 2 and Titanfall on Steam. So thankful I had that restore point, because if I hadn't I don't know how long I would go without being able to play any of my games. But now I'm afraid to reinstall those two, in case the same exact outcome happens and the restore point doesn't work a second time. 

Edit: Seems I didn't have to reinstall, Steam and Origin both remembered that I installed it before so I was able to load into both without any issues too!

Message 3 of 3 (533 Views)