Anthem launcher keeps disappearing at startup, game disappearing from library

by SeRialPiXe

Original Post

Anthem launcher keeps disappearing at startup, game disappearing from library

★★ Novice

This is driving me insane.

Every now and then the Anthem launcher disappears entirely and the game is missing from the game library, but of course the game files are still in the appropriate folder.

To make matter worse, the "locate game" feature on Origin is completely broken. If you attempt using it it will just crash your Origin and every time you try to reopen it it will crash again.

EA Support was unable to fix my issue, only suggesting me stuff like "changing the resolution of my screen", clearing the cache which I've done countless times. I've also unistalled and reinstalled Origin multiple times. Support also gave me an old version of Origin which was entirely bricked because it was unable to start because it couldn't update itself.

The only bandaid solution to my issue have been initially: saving the Anthem folder somewhere, starting the Anthem download on Origin and pausing it after 3 minutes, then copying the old folder replacing the new one and resuming the download; then running repair game files at the end.

Tired of doing it every single time, I tried EA Desktop which has worked well so far preventing this issue - until today.

I am now unistalling Anthem properly and reinstalling the whole 80GB again.

I want to know what solutions I can use to avoid this issue again once my download is finished because if it ever comes up again I won't bother trying to fix it. I think it's unacceptable for any launcher to have such a major issue and that isn't caused by any of my programs because I've tested it already with clean startups.

Message 1 of 1 (319 Views)