Re: Anthem Server Shutdowns

by Unholy_Muppet75

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem Server Shutdowns

★★★ Newbie

It is getting very frustrating when you can only play freeplay for five minutes at a time before the server shuts down without warning. I am trying very hard to like this game but this is just another  bug to add to the long list this game delivers. 

Message 1 of 23 (3,123 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @emmonscm as I have played hours of Anthem at a time without having any issues. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 23 (3,087 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hey sorry that happen to you try shutting down you computer/laptop and what game is it.

Message 2 of 23 (3,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game is Anthem and I play it on an Xbox One X. It is not my system. Every time this happens, I am told to check the forge or vault for any Items earned during the timed out expedition. 

Message 3 of 23 (3,089 Views)

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @emmonscm as I have played hours of Anthem at a time without having any issues. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 23 (3,088 Views)

★★ Novice

When many other people are reporting the same problem (myself included) I doubt very much that it's a problem that's originating at the consumers end, but more likely a problem at the source, so do you have any more words of wisdom to impart or are you going to try and solve the problem, because sticking your head in the sand isn't helping anyone and will only result in players giving up on the game, most likely for good.

Message 5 of 23 (3,068 Views)

Community Manager

If you are having connection issues @Unholy_Muppet75 then please try the steps I posted above to help improve your connection.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 23 (3,066 Views)

★★ Novice

Repeating the same generic answer isn’t going to make the problem go away. It isn’t my connection that’s the problem, it’s that the servers keep shutting down.  It says as much in the game (Anthem). 

Message 7 of 23 (3,054 Views)

Community Manager

I've not run into any issues with servers shutting down @Unholy_Muppet75 and I've played 20 hours of Anthem over the past week. 

If you are seeing connection issues then please try the steps I posted above, if you have a UO Trace then I am happy to look at it for you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 8 of 23 (3,037 Views)

★★ Novice

I should clarify what I mean. 

I don’t lose my connection to the game. I get returned to Tarsis with all my loot instead. I don’t get kicked out of the entire game and have to reconnect, I stay connected and receive a message telling me that the server I was on has shutdown. I can still walk around Tarsis, interact with people and visit the Forge without any problems. I can also select a new mission or start Free Play again.  The problem, as far as I know, only happens in Free Play although my wife and I were able to play for several hours last night without incident so maybe it’s been fixed. I’ll update this post if it happens again.  

Message 9 of 23 (3,030 Views)

Community Manager

Ah I get you now @Unholy_Muppet75 sorry from the posts I was thinking that it was a full disconnect from the game. I know that when the game was in beta some users were seeing that issue from time to time. At the time the Bioware team did say that the issue was related to them updating server setting and needing to refresh the server in order to apply the update.

If you are still seeing the issue @Unholy_Muppet75 and @emmonscm  then would you mind running the UO Trace so that I can take a look at your connection and how your data is being routed as I'm not seeing many reports of the issue. The more info we have in relation to an issue the better. You'd be surprised by how much difference the troubleshooting steps I shared above can make, I know that it will take a couple of minutes but every now and again I go through the steps and I rarely if ever see connection issue, largely in part I believe because I go through those steps.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 10 of 23 (3,021 Views)