Anthem Install Stops at 42%

by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Error 327684:1 installing Anthem

★★ Novice

To try to fix a problem I was having, I deleted Anthem so I could try reinstalling it.  Unfortunately, I can't reinstall it.

It gets to about the halfway point then displays the error:

"Error: A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4294967287)"

After I OK this, the next error (from Origin) is:

"An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327684:1"

Screenshots of errors are attached.

Trying again hasn't helped, neither has restarting, etc.

How do I reinstall this game?

Message 41 of 43 (708 Views)

Re: Error 327684:1 installing Anthem

★ Novice

Same problem except I can't download any of my games. Never gets past preparing. 

Message 42 of 43 (673 Views)

Re: Error 327684:1 installing Anthem

★★★ Novice

Hi guys! I just bought my ANTHEM and hit the same issue or lets say similar i think. At 42% the installation of the game suddenly hang and an error message with an error code 743112399999... something... always popped up. I noticed there's alot of discussion about this 42% installation issue, so I believe that you may have actually run into the same problem like me.

Here is what i did to fix it:

1. Went into SAFE MODE.

2. Uninstalled ANTHEM (bad) installation using Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.

3. Checked the Progam Files (x86) ANTHEM folder if it's still there (if any files remaning after the uninstallation).

4. Manually removed these remaining directories and ANTHEM dir as well (if left there).

5. Restart also in SAFE MODE.

6. In Origin Client -> Download and install it again.

7. After successful installation -> Restart in Normal mode again -> You can also check in Origin client if you have the latest version (check under Settings option for Update Game).

For those who do not know how to restart in SAFE MODE and back in NORMAL mode, the option to enable safe mode is when you run in START: System Configuration -> Boot (tab) -> Tick SAFE BOOT with Network. To boot back in NORMAL mode, you just take the tick OFF again.

=> IT WORKED in SAFE MODE for me after applying all these steps. Try it. Hope it works for you as well.

Cheers,

Ron

Message 43 of 43 (561 Views)