by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Re: Anthem Install Stops at 42%

★★★ Novice
any fixes?
Message 31 of 43 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Immediate fix for me as well. Thank you!

Message 32 of 43 (1,189 Views)

★★ Novice

Try going to Anthem in your game library > right click on it > Game Properties > Uncheck Enable Origin In Game for Anthem.

Also do the steps provided in this post (Move all directx files to new folder). Afterwards you can right click Anthem and hit update game. This should continue the download

This worked for me.

Message 33 of 43 (1,152 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I hi this and I solved it another way. touched.exe just want's a valid return from DXSETUP.EXE which on Windows 10 DX will not truly install because it's now bundled with the OS and updates to it are pushed through your normal Windows Update.

All I did was just rename DXSETUP.EXE to DXSETUP.EXE.Bak and then copy another installer into the \Anthem\__Installer\directx\redist directory and then rename it to DXSETUP.EXE. In my case I had a Midori browser installer laying around and used that.

I also ran the touchedup.exe install from the cmd line, I am not sure this is needed but my Anthem had started redownloading because I closed and reopened origin and I wanted to see if passing the install command to would register it with Origin and stop the download. It did not  stop the download, but when it got to the point where it needed to install the game to carry on it went through it without issue this time. I ran the following from an Admin CMD inside the \Anthem\__Installer\ directory.

Touchup.exe install -locale en_US -installPath "D:\Games\Anthem\" -autologging -startmenuIcon=1 -desktopIcon=1

Message 34 of 43 (1,126 Views)

★ Apprentice

No dice on ANY OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED solutions on my end, or any other mentioned solutions in other threads about this issue.  I'm running out of alternatives and patience for EA...and they haven't been responding to my case reports about this.

Message 35 of 43 (1,070 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Found this on apex same problem with directx

worked on anthem other weys dident work for me only this on

BIG THX TO Stoogiemeister for solution

TO FIX GO INTO REGEDIT AND CHANGE THIS, NO RESTART IS REQUIRED.

Navigate to the following keys: 

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX 
Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\DirectX 

Then change the key 4.09.00.0904 to 4.08.00.0904

Message 36 of 43 (1,015 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same on my game solution from Stoogiemeister works THX

Message 37 of 43 (1,012 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ok, so this didn't work for me neither. BUT, i found a way to fix this, simply by combining several solutions i found on the internet.

1. Press windows button and write regedit. Press enter.

2. Navigate to the following directories:

Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/DirectX
Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/WOW6432NODE/Microsoft/DirectX

3. In both directories change the key from 4.09.00.0904 to 4.08.00.0904 (you will see this ab icon named Version type REG_SZ with version as data, double click it and change the 9 to a 8 in the data) No reboot necessary 

This solution above is all thanks to Stoogiemeister Embarrassed

4. Delete all of the files except dxsetup.exe, dsetup.dll and dsetup32.dll found in program files (x86) / origin games / Anthem / installer / directx/ redist.

5. Run Origin client as administrator

Hope this helps for those who haven't found a fix yet! I tried all of the methods around myself without a fix, but this did it for me Wink

Message 38 of 43 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

i live in ky dont tempt me lol.. no but seroulsy i bought a new pc my old hardrive ran anthem just fine this new setup is having direct X issues but my daig form says i have dx12 like wtf so i copied all my files from when anthem worked to the new one seeing if this fixed it idk yet im agraivated cause every other origin game works fine sigh...

Message 39 of 43 (867 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ty so much, have tried everything else and this actually worked.

Message 40 of 43 (842 Views)