Re: Anthem Install Stops at 42%

by MaireDevylin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Anthem Install Stops at 42%

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

My Anthem download stops at 42% and I get this error: 

An unexpected error has occurred. Please try again in a few moments. Error: 327684:1

And a popup error:

A redistributable package (DirectX) was not installed successfully. Setup cannot continue. (4294967287)

I have uninstalled Origin and reinstalled it (even tried beta mode)

Checked my windows update for error with the troubleshooter.

Tried running Origin as admin.

Tried manually installing the DirectX redist manually from the folders.

Windows 10, latest updates and ran Windows Update troubleshooter to verify redist installs for errors

Message 1 of 43 (9,048 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Ok so, after some additional digging I found this nugget of wisdom:

Go to program files (x86) / origin games/ Anthem/ installer/ directx/ redist

In the redist folder, make a new folder, and then take every file EXCEPT DXSETUP.exe , DSETUP.DLL AND DSETUP32.DLL and move them into the new folder.

Reload Origin and resume the install.

Currently at 47% and going up...

View in thread

Message 2 of 43 (9,023 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Ok so, after some additional digging I found this nugget of wisdom:

Go to program files (x86) / origin games/ Anthem/ installer/ directx/ redist

In the redist folder, make a new folder, and then take every file EXCEPT DXSETUP.exe , DSETUP.DLL AND DSETUP32.DLL and move them into the new folder.

Reload Origin and resume the install.

Currently at 47% and going up...

Message 2 of 43 (9,024 Views)

★★★ Novice

THANK YOU SO MUCH

This was an immediate fix for me. To anyone reading this, follow these instructions exactly. If it doesn't work, I give you permission to come to my home in KY and slap me.

Message 3 of 43 (8,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Having the same issue, the above fix doesnt work for me although it did work for me with apex legends after multiple tries

Message 4 of 43 (8,890 Views)

★★ Novice

Gotta try this egen I get home. Thank for finding a ’solution’ to this! ☺️

Message 5 of 43 (8,862 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Unfortunately, it doesn't fix the problem on my end. The Origin installer just downloads the missing CAB files again.

There seems to be a legitimate issue with DirectX setup and/or the package that's bundled with Anthem. Here's the error that's the source of the problem as reported in DXError.log.

02/13/19 19:42:04] module: dxupdate(Mar 30 2011), file: dxupdate.cpp, line: 2409, function: RunProcess

Failed API: CreateProcess()
Error: (193) - %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
Message 6 of 43 (8,847 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can we change the status of this thread ? this is not solved for everyone xD multiple fresh installs cache clearing clean boots and multiple of the above fix and still cant get past 42% 

Message 7 of 43 (8,776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

can anyone else who is having this issue confirm the exact size of the download when it fails ? for me it fails consistently at 28.92GB, after trying the above fix and repairing it restarts at 28.88GB then fails again at 28.92GB. not sure if this helps anyone but thought it might be useful info

Message 8 of 43 (8,772 Views)

★★★★ Novice

ok, weirder and weirder stuff is happening, full story, ive had this issue for over 8 hours, i left my pc on over night with the DL manager in Origin saying its downloading at 0b/sec with 0h0m0s remaining (still was stuck at 42% this morning) tried the above fix again which didnt work, fresh installed origin on the same drive as i have games installed on and restarted the install, no luck. tried the above fix again and after a 3 second or so repair (this is usually about 3 mins) the game now says its full preloaded. 

i have no explanation nor a definite fix except to say reinstall everything fresh install anthem then try the above fix, if that doesnt work then just rinse and repeat (maybe leave the download manager alone if it says its downloading but doesnt offer any speed or eta for finishing)

EA this is the second game i have had this issue with and a quick google search show similar issues for numerous games, this is a deep seated issue with Origin as a platform and needs to be addressed soon

Message 9 of 43 (8,767 Views)

★★ Novice
Having the same problem here...
When mine crashes, the folder is 21.9GB
Message 10 of 43 (8,713 Views)