Re: Another Origin Client update another STRESS!

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

Another Origin Client update another STRESS!

★ Guide

Another Origin Client update and well like always another Bag of Crap,

Unable to log in, and when it does screen displays as USUAL! "ooops something went wrong"   this was yesterday after

orgin app informed everyone that in an hour and 15 minutes it would need updating and that we should close and reopen it for it to take effect.

Well as normal i did this and expected the same result.  YUP you guessed it, maybe YET ANOTHER UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL!?  cuz this

has me just wanting to erase everything to do with EA or Origin at this point in time.

Please dont tell me clear cache, i did so.. only thing that fixes this crap each time you guys fiddle with whats already working, is a reinstall.

Message 1 of 4 (321 Views)

Community Manager

@PumPumBusta 

Sounds pretty frustrating what you're going through. Last thing I would want to do is look forward to some gaming and have to reinstall the client every time. Right there with you on this, @PumPumBusta 

What drive are you installing Origin to and is it on an external hard drive?

Also, do you happen to have any special characters in your Windows account username? We've seen that cause weird issues with saving settings for games in the past.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 4 (304 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the reply,

NO no special characters or anything on my PC name or network or ID.   believe the problem is how the app itself "TRIES" to update.  either way

i have told those with same issue to simply just uninstall origin and reinstall, nothing will be lost either way.

Just wish they would look into it, probably a really stupid error in coding causing it.    Anyways, back up.  time to play now that i only got 2 hrs left

before i head back to work.

Thanks again

Message 3 of 4 (302 Views)

Community Manager

@PumPumBusta 

Hope you're able to get back on without any issues since coming back from work. If you're still running into trouble with it can you upload a DxDiag for us so we can take a quick peak at your specs?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 4 (271 Views)